Losing a 20+ year customer
Richario
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a Verizon customer for over 20 years.  Visited store three days ago after receiving multiple messages about promotions and MyVerizon credits.  Was told three days ago I qualified for a $200 promotion discount, a $20 device credit, and a $10 trade-in of existing Samsung phone.  Went back today after making appt. with fellow who assisted me last visit to purchase S10e (and, by virtue of 24 month financing, lock into paying Verizon for another two years).  Was told that all three credits and promotions were no longer available.  Can you say "bait-and-switch?"  Horrible marketing decision(s), as I'll look back at all the offers I've recently recieved from Xfinity, Sprint, TMobile, etc.  

Short VZ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Losing a 20+ year customer
deloused
Master - Level 3

That depends on the specific terms and conditions of the offers in which you have mentioned

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richario, losing you is definitely not what we would want to see. While promotions truly do change all of the time, there may be account specific offers available. When you sign in to your My Verizon account do you see any Notifications? This is were special offers would be made available. What make and model phone were you trading in? Is there any physical or liquid damage to this phone?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Richario
Enthusiast - Level 1

There were three offers that were supposed to be available (and I was told would be on my first visit) that vaporized three days later when I went in to make the purchase:

a) a trade-in allowance for my existing Samsung Galaxy J3 (which I also purchased from Verizon);

b) VerizonUp Device Dollars which I had "grabbed" from the never-ending messages I receive about that program.  It is, by the way, a very obtuse, confusing, and non-customer friendly promotion; I said as much in a couple notes I sent asking for help figuring it all out, none of which were acknowledged;

c) a @$200 off promotion on the new Samsung S10e I wanted to buy (and extend my Verizon service for another 24 months, by the way).  I received any number of notifications about the promotion, but was told it was not valid when I went to make the purchase.

Any one of them I might have understood, but all three simultaneously?  Not cool, and very suspect marketing ploys, it would appear. 

Plus, the "upgrade fee" charge me for the right to give you more money seems inexplicable and ill-advised.

I fully realize that losing one customer, even a long-term one, means nothing to a company your size, but what I'm discovering is that your services are being replicated by any number of new competitors, so my considered advice would be to recognize that and make it easier for existing customers to stay loyal to you.  Just one man's opinion... 

LoydaminC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an idea maybe if you haven't thought of it. If you haven't tried yet through the My Verizon app the live chat representative can help assess the situation. Next, Verizon does have many options for its users and bringing phones to their company. I was a day short of getting the BOGO Pixel 4 but missed it by a day.

We do miss our opportunities.  But have you considered a phone like the Samsung A50? Whether at Walmart to VZW or through your phone. vzw does offer wonderful deals for all of its customers. 0% interest and 24 or 36 month plan depending on the phone. I mean it's hard to deny what we need.

Regardless of the phone you choose. If you pay the phone off the 24 month agreement is null. Verizon has no contracts. So if the phone you want is 0/mo that's a 2 year service agreement or (pay off phone].

The upgrade fee is suppose to be there to support the growth of the verizon network. I know other companies have plenty of deals but I definitely think verizon has better benefits and coverage than most companies.

When you went to a location was it a carrier location or was it a third party or on the app? If you consult with an agent they would be able to apply many deals we cannot do because of technical difficulty. 

I hope that helps .

0 Likes
CatJohnson11

I am a 12 year customer. I can't take it any more. I am leaving.

I cannot think of any company that goes to the lengths Verizon does to avoid speaking to customers. They sell voice services but disdain their own product offering. Their automated services have never solved a problem for me. They have been experiencing "unusual call volume" every day for ten years. Their hold times are always 2X+ the estimated time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CatJohnson11,

Your 12 years of loyalty means too much to see you leave us.  Let's work together and ensure your needs are addressed and we keep you in the Verizon family for another 12+ years. Although wait times are higher than normal (due to recent new phone launches), we're here to help you in other channels as well (here on our Forums, Facebook, Twitter, Chat, etc. - http://spr.ly/6609HE8Qt). What's going on that has you reaching out to us? Please tell us more so we can best assist. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes