Loss of data during upgrade process from Galaxy S5 to S8
RayVZN

I recently upgraded the phones for me and my wife from Galaxy S5 to Galaxy S8. We have been pleased with the Samsung phones, and were looking forward to using the newer model. We purchased the phones at an authorized Verizon retailer, and were told that all pertinent data would be transferred from the older phones. The process took more than two hours, but appeared to be successful. However, when we began using the new phones we found that some critical data had not been transferred. We used an application called Inkpad, in which we kept notes on vacations, recipes, and other information. The new phones had the app installed, but there was no data included. Also, a lot of the information on our calendars was missing. On the S5 model we had used the calendar app that came pre-installed, as well as Google calendar. The calendar on the S8 contained only the information from the Google calendar. I contacted the sales person the next day to see if we could manually copy the missing data, but the phone had already been reset, and none of the data was available. Is it possible that somewhere on Verizon servers a copy of the data might exist?

0 Likes
Re: Loss of data during upgrade process from Galaxy S5 to S8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s our goal to ensure you transfer all your important data to the new phones, RayVZN. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying the new devices and I’m happy to help with locating the missing notes and calendar information.

Just for clarification, how did you initially back up the information from the original phone? How was the information transferred for you at the store location?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That data wouldn't have been stored by Verizon servers, but the Calendar items would have been synced to Samsung's (if your previous device was  logged into the same Samsung ID as your current device). That data can be restored to your new device using Samsung's smart switch feature in the link below.

InkPad from your previous device would have also backed up its data to their online server at inkpadnotepad.com as long as it had been logged into your Google account ID. If it was if you actually sign into the actual InkPad app on the new device then the data would sync.

Samsung Smart Switch: Transfer Contacts, Music and More I Samsung US

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

were you saving/restoring inkpad data online??

0 Likes