I have Samsung s6edge using 6.0, when checking VoiceMail I can't access keypad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Loss of keypad when using VoiceMail
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm confused...are you using the visual voicemail or standard *86 voicemail?

Visual voicemail - no need for a keypad as you can "see" the messages, scroll through to listen, delete, call back - all via the visual voicemail interface.

If you are dialing in via *86, the keypad is there - pull the phone away and toggle the screen on to use speakerphone and the keypad. (If you don't see it right away, tap the icon with the ten dots to bring up the keypad).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheDroidster,

Keypad access should be the least of your phone worries.  Many phones don't have a qwerty keyboard and the keypad should be accessible.  When did the trouble with your keypad begin?  Are you able to access keypad to send a text message?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us. May we ask what you are wanting to do while using voicemail? Also, what device do you have?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TheDroidster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 6edge when listening to voice mail I have no access to dial pad to enter any response when asked to press any number, for example press 1 now no dial pad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a working VM service, TheDroidster. Just to make sure are you using the standard VM service or the Visual Voicemail service?
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheDroidster,

Having that keypad is a must. Let’s get you working again. If you are on speakerphone, can you access the keypad? If you are not on speaker, can you see the keypad when you move away from your face? Do you have a new case or anything on device?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheDroidster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing new has been added or changed for some time now. Yes I do do need

the number key pad to respond when requested to press requested number.

Thank you for your researsh. Awaiting your response and fix.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm confused...are you using the visual voicemail or standard *86 voicemail?

Visual voicemail - no need for a keypad as you can "see" the messages, scroll through to listen, delete, call back - all via the visual voicemail interface.

If you are dialing in via *86, the keypad is there - pull the phone away and toggle the screen on to use speakerphone and the keypad. (If you don't see it right away, tap the icon with the ten dots to bring up the keypad).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheDroister, we will figure this out. Are you in Visual VoiceMail? When you are going through the message, is there a button that says keypad?
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
NUCL3AR

Using voicemail via *86.  When asked to enter your pin, toggling to the keypad does not work.  Tapping the icon with the ten dots to bring up the keypad does  NOT work.  Help.

0 Likes