Lost Pictures after spending hours at the Verizon store
MCGEETOPPER

I went to the Middletown, Verizon store on Saturday, 7/23/18, with my daughters Samsung 5 to have them help us move over her pictures to her SD card.  I should have turned around and left when the lady working there went to youTube to show me how to do it, but I didn't, I thought she could help me.  She clicked on few things and my daughters files went grey with question marks, she said that was okay they were just being moved.  We got to the car and my daughter questioned the grey boxes, so I went back into the store to ask the lady and she said that was okay there were a lot of pictures, she said "Give it some time and they would all be on the SD card".  So we left, couple of hours later, my daughter only had a couple of pictures and nothing on the SD card.  I took it back to the same store the same lady was there.  She again went back to youTube to get the answers, she spent a couple of hours, when she told me that she was apple certified and couldn't help me any further.  She told me there are two Samsung certified individuals in Louisville an gave me the store names, so I called one while I was still in the first store and they told me there were only sales people there and that they could possibly trouble shot for me.  She ended up giving me a link, to a app that "might" work. . . I'm just sick, I know things are never really deleted and I feel like I'm getting the run around.  Is there someone who can help me?

0 Likes
Re: Lost Pictures after spending hours at the Verizon store
bearone21
Legend

going into the store is never much help if you're having a problem, reps are more interested in making a sale than helping!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that your daughter lost her pictures. We never want you or your family to experience something like this and we'll definitely do all we can to help you retrieve them. Do you know if the pictures were backed up in any way? For example, through the Verizon Cloud or the Photos app?

Jesus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MCGEETOPPER

Jesus_VZW

No this was the reason that we needed to get them on the SD card in the first place.  I wanted to take the SD card to the store to get a DVD with them.

Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCGEETOPPER,

I know pictures feature important memories and we certainly wouldn't want to see you lose anything. Our goal is to get those back for you. If they have been deleted and they weren't backed up anywhere though they would be truly deleted. To confirm do they show up in any way at this point on the device? Do you remember what the representative in the store clicked on when trying to move them over?

Andrew_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MCGEETOPPER

No the pictures aren’t showing up anywhere, the lady went to settings and clicked on all pictures and did some sort of move to the SD card.  I did take the phone to someone at the Geek Squad, they did not see picture files on either the phone or the SD card.  However, you and I both know that pictures are never really deleted, they told me I could get back all deleted pictures for $200.00, however, they need to keep the phone for 2 weeks.

Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details MCGEETOPPER, are the pictures still showing as gray boxes or what is the current status of your daughter's pictures? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
MCGEETOPPER

No the pictures are no longer showing up as a gray box.  The gray box disappeared from the gallery all together.

Thank you,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCGEETOPPER, as a parent, I know that memories are precious and if there is any way to restore these, I certainly would like to. Have you attempted to remove the SIM card, place it in a SIM card reader and connect to a computer to check the card for any remnants of these files? If nothing is showing here, we do suggest using the manufacturer photo recovery at http://spr.ly/6585Dsac3 to attempt that restore. We hope this will help to recover those precious photos.

Loren_VZW

0 Likes
MCGEETOPPER

Thank you for getting back with me, yes we did remove the SIM card and tried that but did not see any files that were pictures.  I have since purchased a larger SIM card and will make sure they are directly saved to it.  I will try the link you have sent to me this evening thank you so much.

Thank you,

0 Likes