Lost Voicemails
Caz205

I upgraded from a Galaxy S5 to a Galaxy S7, only to discover that all of my old saved voicemails are no longer accessible on my new phone.  Are they accessible anywhere?  How?

0 Likes
Re: Lost Voicemails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you are able to access all your saved voicemails. Let's get to the bottom of it. How are you currently attempting to access your voicemail (*86 or using the voicemail icon on the phone)? What specifically happens when you attempt to access it (error messages, etc)?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Caz205

All voice mails assigned to my old phone are gone. I only have access to the last ten days or so of voice mails. That is the same if I use *86 or the voicemail icon. There is nothing unique about what I see: simply no visible mail at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caz205,

Let's not give up just yet on the voicemails. Do you recall how they were saved initially? Depending on how they were saved (voicemail itself via options, using Visual Voicemail app, memory card, etc), that would be where we'd want to check. There's also an option to archive a voicemail (not save it) which would only keep it for 60 days. Since they are not in the actual voicemail box itself, which is *86, have you checked any other location?

0 Likes
Caz205

I did not have visual voicemail. Some of the voicemails were more than 60 days old. I still have access to the old phone, which I think may have a memory card.

0 Likes