Lost notification sound for individual contact
MFRANDOLPH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello!   Phone updated yesterday and I am no longer able to assign individual notification sounds to each contact.  It was helpful to know if I needed to reach for my phone when I got a text message.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Lost notification sound for individual contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MFRANDOLPH,

Being able to make sure that you can distinguish who is contacting you is a real convenience, and I want to ensure that we can get this feature set up correctly for you.

To make sure I can get a proper resolution, I have a few more questions that I want to run by you. What application for text messages were you using when you were able to customize the individual notifications? What is the current software version of your device? You will find the software version under Settings>System Updates>Show System Update History. What happens when you try to customize the sound like you did before? Is the option gone, or just not playing correctly?

RyanCo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MFRANDOLPH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello! The software was updated to Android 8.0 Oreo/ G950USQU2CRB9 on

3/24. I used to be able to edit within my contacts and add a new label

for notification sounds for each contact then assign a tone to text

messages. This feature is completely gone and I can only assign a ringtone

to individual contacts.

Thanks

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:52 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, MFRANDOLPH. We certainly understand your concern. We want to make sure you are able to customize your notification sounds. What device type of phone do you have?

DiaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MFRANDOLPH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I didnt list that originally. I have a Galaxy S8

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:25 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MFRANDOLPH We appreciate you clarifying that information with us. I've actually contacted Samsung on your behalf, and they have confirmed that this is a known issue after the update. They're currently working on this and it was advised to contact Samsung directly for additional assistance with his issue (800) 726-7864 . https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ 

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MFRANDOLPH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 1:53 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes