Low Cellphone Signal near Yosemite, Mid-Pines, CA - Need a Cell Tower!
robertsmit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Horrible cellphone signal near Yosemite, Mid-Pines, CA.  Unable to connect.  Rebooted phone several times.  Getting 1X at times, no 4G.  Text messages or MMS failure.  Delayed voicemail messages a day later.  Really horrible cellphone coverage.  I am with a group of friends staying at a local campground and we all have the same problem.  Verizon seems to work at times, but AT&T or Sprint are horrible or non-existent. 

It would be nice to have a better cellphone signal in this area to keep up with friends and in case of emergency.  Down the road in Mariposa, CA (about 6 miles south down the road) the signal is much better.  @verizonwireless please add a cell tower in our area for better coverage.  During the summer months many people travel to this southwest entrance of Yosemite for vacation.  Really needs to improve.  Cellphone is worthless at this location.  Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Low Cellphone Signal near Yosemite, Mid-Pines, CA - Need a Cell Tower!
bearone21
Legend

not verizon's problem providing you with cell service in remote areas.

your travel companion's phones aren't working, why should yours?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

how are you able to post with "0" signal?

0 Likes
robertsmit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using a computer to post, not cellphone.

0 Likes
robertsmit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe Verizon Wireless cares about it's customers and would want to know if there is bad cellphone coverage within a certain area.  I can't speak about other companies, but if there is a competitive advantage to having excellent cellphone coverage, possibly locals would want to switch to a service that provides a better signal.  Additionally, when traveling to Yosemite, cellphone coverage is weak in most areas.  If you were lost hiking or during an emergency in the valley a cellphone is the only way to obtain assistance.  Verizone Wireless provides outstanding coverage in most areas.  Just not in Yosemite Valley or Mid-Pines. 

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@robertsmit wrote:

I believe Verizon Wireless cares about it's customers and would want to know if there is bad cellphone coverage within a certain area.  I can't speak about other companies, but if there is a competitive advantage to having excellent cellphone coverage, possibly locals would want to switch to a service that provides a better signal.  Additionally, when traveling to Yosemite, cellphone coverage is weak in most areas.  If you were lost hiking or during an emergency in the valley a cellphone is the only way to obtain assistance.  Verizone Wireless provides outstanding coverage in most areas.  Just not in Yosemite Valley or Mid-Pines. 

But you're not telling Verizon. this is customer to customer forum. You are telling other customers. No one at Verizon of any improtance will read your post. Also I'm sure Verizon is well aware where they do and do not have towers. Also Verizon can not just put up a tower aywhere it wants any time it wants. Even if they started the process today it could take 2 years to get a tower up in your area. Going to wait 2 years?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would like to take a look into the area! Please provide the ZIP Code so I can do so.

DillonY_VZW

0 Likes
robertsmit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, thank you for looking into this for us.  Zip code is: 95345  Here is the specific location address:  6323 CA-140, Midpines, CA 95345

0 Likes
daddycrypto
Enthusiast - Level 2

try turning on ur roming or turn on airplane mode for about a min and then turn it back off most cell phones hang onto the last cell tower they got reception from as long as they can even if the service is low so by turning on airplane mode it will dissconect it from doing just that and when you shut it off it will then try to find a tower that might be much closer to u with better service just a thought 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details and the feedback. We currently have no disruptions in that area at this time. However, I will pass this information a long. Was there anything else I could assist with? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes