MMS Broken/Problems
23denial
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I've seen many forums about this. I have a Galaxy S10 on Verizon right now. I have run literally every single messaging app so far, and I have gotten no results that are good. My MMS locks up for maybe 20-30 minutes after I get too many group messages. I then get all of these messages at once 20 minutes later. Then it repeats. Over. And over again. I mean this is ridiculous. I paid for a 1,000 dollar phone, and got the supposedly "best" service provider. And the fact that I can not send text messages. People said it was a "Android 7.0" issue. It's not. I'm running Android 10. I can't send group messages, and that is something I need for school and my friends. I've heard other service providers do not have this problem, and my last resort is going to be switching. For any Verizon employee out there, yes I have turned on safe mode, yes I have tried Verizon messages, yes I have cleared my cache, yes I have literally spent hours trying to fix this. I know there's not a fix for this. Verizon has had this problem for almost 4 years? But just for my sanity, is there a single thing that I can do to fix this? Thank you for anyone who responds.

Labels (1)
Re: MMS Broken/Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

23denial, we would regret to see you go and do want this MMS texting issues resolved for you one way or another. Have you gone through a full Factory Reset yet?

Please reference the link attached on how to run the Software Repair Assistant on your Galaxy S10 and this step is universal for all Samsung models. If the software is an issue, this loads up a new copy of the operating system. http://spr.ly/66041fGzq

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
23denial
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have. It is a Verizon issue, not software.

0 Likes
professorchaos22

I also have this exact same issue though I don't recall having it when I first switched to my Samsung S9+, though maybe it's only recently with everyone quarantined that I get a rapid succession of group messages. I also have done all the suggested troubleshooting with no resolution.  Is this really something that can't be fixed?! Does anyone know if this is an issue with Verizon and other Android phones like the Pixel or just Samsung?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

23denial, 

This is definitely not the experience we want for you, and we appreciate your efforts to resolve this! Let's keep working to figure out what may be causing this. May I ask, do you typically delete messages after reading, or do you keep a long saved message history in your device? Please go to Settings>Device Care, and share the storage and memory used and available. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

professorchaos22, I know how vital this feature is to you, and our goal is to make sure it is working properly. Is your software up to date? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
professorchaos22

DiaS_VZW yes my messaging app and phone are up to date. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that additional information professorchaos22 as it is helpful. You mentioned that the issue didn't start right away for you, do you recall when you first noticed it now? Have you made any recent changes to your device such as any new apps or updates?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
professorchaos22

It started several months ago. I dont recall any updates prior to the issue occuring.  I think it may be that I didn't have a large active group message prior to then.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly possible it's related to the number of messages. Please try deleting some old conversations or messages.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes