MMS Fails between 2 phones on same account
James_Clark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please help. My phone can not send or receive MMS photos from my wife's, on the same account. Same for her. We can receive and send to other people, but only plain text works between us. We've done a hard restart, deleted our texts, deleted the contact... Nothing seems to correct it unless we change and use a different text app.  Then it works but if we change back to the default "Messages" app, it fails every time.  We both have Samsung s10+ or S20+ phones.  Up until about 1 week ago, this worked fine.  The Galazy S20+ did have an update from Verizon within the past 2 weeks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Fails between 2 phones on same account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

James_Clark, we know you want to get those messages up and running properly. Do you notice the issue happening while on wifi as well as the mobile network (4G,5G)? Have you tried different pictures along with pictures that have a smaller file size?

-Alex

0 Likes
James_Clark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  It fails on both WiFi and 4/5G.  I have tried multiple pictures.  Nothing MMS will complete between the 2 specific phones.  BUT, if I send the same picture to our entire family, (group of 4 phones on the same account), the picture will go to each of the phones including the phone that will not work independently.  The same is true in reverse if my wife sends to me, nothing.  If she sends to the group, we all get it.  So it does not appear to be message size or the 2 phones specifically but something that may be corrupt within the programming at Verizon.  Also, if we use the Verizon Message+ application it works every time but to be honest, we both prefer the default message app to the Verizon+ app and would like to go back to using that.

Thank you

Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for reaching out. Verizon will send you a private message so we can get this solved. 🙂 >Jesus

James_Clark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  Where should I expect the message to come in?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize for the delay, James_Clark. I do want to make sure that we can resolve the issue with sending pictures between your two lines. Are you able to send an individual picture message to any other number? ~Pamela

0 Likes