MMS Not sending on new S-22
GG144

I see similar issues posted but no steps to resolve. My NEW S-22 will not send a MMS. Often the text accompanying will go but not the picture. Interestingly my S-9 also had this same issue. I thought it was the phone but apparently not. HELP ???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Not sending on new S-22
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon! I'm sorry you're having trouble with MMS. Please tell me, which messaging app are you using to send the MMS? Are you using Wi-Fi or your Verizon data?  

-Carter

0 Likes
GG144

Appreciate the help. Currently using Google Messages. Send delay or fail happens both on WiFi and on the Verizon air network. New S22 and happens on mine and my wife's.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure all your messages go through, GG144! Are all your other data services, like email, web, apps, etc., all working? Have you tried using a different text application like Verizon Messages+ and have the same results? -Nikki

0 Likes
JDBMP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this exact same issue, just started happening last night. And same as the original poster, I had this occur on my S9 as well.

I am using the default "Messages" app. Everything else on my phone works fine, am able to send and recieve images via gmail etc, it is ONLY Messages that is not working. I have tried toggling WiFi on and off and attempted to resend that way. I have tested removing the image and starting over. I have tried other images I verified have gone through before. I have rebooted my phone multiple times, now, gone through all of the settings several times etc.

I have not tried "Verizon Messages+" because I should not be forced to install and use another app to send messages on my phone. Is this a Verizon trick to force us to use their app instead???

I have literally exhausted ALL other resources in troubleshooting this issue. Please fix this issue ASAP!!!

JDBMP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I forgot to mention, I also went into the "Messages" app and cleared caches etc, and rebooted again, still nothing. I also tried various contacts. I've gone through all the steps on 3 different websites to try and resolve this. NOTHING gives.

It is even more frustrating that this is my second time dealing with this issue with Verizon. And it really sketches me out that they're suggesting to use their app to fix the issue, that is not a fix, that is a "bandaid" if anything.

If that is the only solution Verizon has to offer, I will start looking at moving my service elsewhere.

Magjik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've run into this issue also the past week. I'm able to send messages to almost all contacts except the only other phone on my account

0 Likes
Magjik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got it - In Verizon app, go to your device permissions and remove the picture messaging access. Wait a few minutes and re-enable it again. Was able to send and receive right afterwards.

erikad1976

YES the same thing happened to myself and my husband last night out of no where.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to read that you are having trouble with  your messages, and we want to help. What happens when you try to send a picture message? Does this happen with all contacts or only certain numbers?  ~Roger

0 Likes