Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMS Texting Timeout
Eaims1

This has been going on for several years now.  If I send and/or receive too many MMS texts within a short period of time all future MMS messages lock up for a good 10-15 minutes (in rare occasions for a few hours).  I'll try answering the usual questions I've seen pop up:

And to answer all the questions: 

it's been happening for several years

it happens on multiple messaging apps that go through the VZ network (messages, messages+, vz messages) but it doesn't happen with wi-fi only networks like telegram and whatsapp

it's been happening across multiple phones: samsung, motorola

it happens with any group:  I'm in several different texting groups all with different phone numbers and providers

it does not happen with my wife's iPhone

it happens in both Wifi and Data only, and it also happens when airplane mode is enabled

it also happens even after I've reset network settings too

Current phone seeing the issue is the S21

Current app being used is Google Messages

0 Likes
Re: MMS Texting Timeout
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

In Google Messages, there are three dots in the corner, tap that and then Settings. 
In Chat Features what is the Status? 

In Advanced, verify Auto-Download MMS is on. 

-David

0 Likes
Eaims1

It's on.  MMS does work sometimes, it's just when there's high sends/received in a short period of time it simply stops working.  This just happens often because the groups I'm in have several people so even a brief back and forth with some/most of the people in the group can cause the "time out" to happen.

0 Likes
Eaims1

Also Status says Connected.  I've never had a problem with SMS texts though which these "Chat Features" seem to apply too since I've never seen any of these features in a group chat.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for sharing all these details. We want to make sure you can use it when you need it. Which text message app are you using?

~Gina

0 Likes
Eaims1

I already posted that information in my first post.  Everything any Verizon rep could possible need is right there...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Eaims, we know it's important that you are able to get assistance with your MMS messages. We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can look further into this with you.

*Brianna

0 Likes