Re: MMS broken again, Galaxy S8+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that information. It's important to be able to have your texts send and receive promptly. Help is definitely here. Does this happen to anyone else in your area with Verizon? What iz the nearest intersection and city/state where this is happening? Does this happen everywhere you go? JosephT_VZW

0 Likes
rkalak
Enthusiast - Level 2

This does happen to someone else I know with Verizon on Android; I live in Schaumburg, Illinois; this happens everywhere I go

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rkalak, we know that all of your messages are important and we do want to get to the bottom of this. You mentioned that this happens with group messages, does it happen with all group messages or a specific group? Which plan do you currently have? Do you experience any issues with calls or connecting with data when this happens?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rkalak
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens in all group messages- usually when there's high traffic in that several people are sending messages in a certain time frame. I'm on the beyond unlimited plan. In this sort of limbo period of broke MMS everything else works fine. 20 minutes or so later, I'll have the ability to send messages through MMS, but all of the messages sent by others during that 20 minute period will be out of order. 

korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I'm restarting this thread. There is no clear solution. 

I have a galaxy s9+. My mms messages freeze up or get locked for at least 20 minutes, up to an hour, if I receive multiple MMS messages in a group message setting. This is absolutely ridiculous. It only occurs on MMS group texts, on any texting app. It happens anywhere, to multiple people I know, in multiple zip codes. The location of me, my phone, or any other location does not matter. The text messaging app dmthat is used does not matter. It is the Verizon service. Any time I am using data, and receive multiple MMS messages in quick succession, data freezes. I am still able to use data for other applications, email, chrome, facebook, etc, all while the MMS is still locked up. The ONLY way I can get around this is to turn wifi on and mobile data completely off, then my messages will finally download and sync up. If i turn mobile data back on, even while wifi is on, the MMS will stop again. 

I am also on the beyond unlimited data plan, so I do not understand the throttling.

I have tried multiple different texting applications, clearing cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, factory resets, etc. This is a Verizon MMS data issue only and does not effect any other applications or data usage. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

korene84,

We understand how important it is that you are able to message without your device freezing up. I thank you for the detailed explanation you provided, and want to look into additional details. When your device freezes up like it does, aside from waiting, what steps do you take to regain access to your phone? What change was made to your device before this concern began? What errors appear, if any?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not my device freezing up, it is the MMS service from Verizon that freezes up. 

I am not sure what changed with my service when this started, it has been going on for a few months. 

As it is not my device that freezes up, only the MMS service, there is nothing I can do to regain access to mms service except to wait. However, if I am at a location with wifi, and I turn on wifi, and turn off mobile data, then my mms service will start to work again. My mms data is what freezes. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the helpful information that you've provided, korene84. I rely on my MMS group messages to come through at all times & that is definitely what we want for you. Allow us to examine this further. Around the time this problem started, did you download any new apps or perform a software update? From what you described, you are having trouble receiving MMS group messages. Are you having any trouble sending MMS group messages? When you did the factory reset, did you load the same exact apps back onto your phone? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately I cant correlate the timing of when this started with any specifics for applications nor software updates. 

When I state MMS freezes or locks up, this is for both sending and receiving. 

When resetting my phone I did install most of the same apps back on my phone. However this is a Verizon service issue, not a phone issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for those details. We can understand why you would believe this is a network issue, and we sincerely want to help get your device back functioning as it should. In your post, you mentioned you have a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, however, you also mentioned you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. To gain clarity, what is the make and model of your device? Are you using advanced messaging (RCS)? Please ensure your device software is up to date: settings > system updates > check for system updates.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes