Re: MMS broken again, Galaxy S8+
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I did not state that I have an s8+. We are on the s8+ thread because this is the only thread I found that discusses this ongoing Verizon service issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+.

I am using the Verizon Messages+ app. My phone is completely up to date as are all my apps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we provide you with the assistance you need. Can you tell us specifically what is going on with your s9+. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We want to make sure we provide you with the assistance you need. Can you tell us specifically what is going on with your s9+. DoloresK_VZW

Clearly you havent read the thread.

I have a galaxy s9+. My mms messages freeze up or get locked for at least 20 minutes, up to an hour, if I receive multiple MMS messages in a group message setting. This is absolutely ridiculous. It only occurs on MMS group texts, on any texting app. It happens anywhere, to multiple people I know, in multiple zip codes. The location of me, my phone, or any other location does not matter. The text messaging app dmthat is used does not matter. It is the Verizon service. Any time I am using data, and receive multiple MMS messages in quick succession, data freezes. I am still able to use data for other applications, email, chrome, facebook, etc, all while the MMS is still locked up. The ONLY way I can get around this is to turn wifi on and mobile data completely off, then my messages will finally download and sync up. If i turn mobile data back on, even while wifi is on, the MMS will stop again. 
I am also on the beyond unlimited data plan, so I do not understand the throttling.
I have tried multiple different texting applications, clearing cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, factory resets, etc. This is a Verizon MMS data issue only and does not effect any other applications or data usage. 
It is not my device freezing up, it is the MMS service from Verizon that freezes up. 
I am not sure what changed with my service when this started, it has been going on for a few months. 
As it is not my device that freezes up, only the MMS service, there is nothing I can do to regain access to mms service except to wait. However, if I am at a location with wifi, and I turn on wifi, and turn off mobile data, then my mms service will start to work again. My mms data is what freezes. 
Unfortunately I cant correlate the timing of when this started with any specifics for applications nor software updates. 
When I state MMS freezes or locks up, this is for both sending and receiving. 
When resetting my phone I did install most of the same apps back on my phone. However this is a Verizon service issue, not a phone issue. 
I did not state that I have an s8+. We are on the s8+ thread because this is the only thread I found that discusses this ongoing Verizon service issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy s9+.
I am using the Verizon Messages+ app. My phone is completely up to date as are all my apps. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you details Korene84 for the added details. The information you gave is detailed and helpful. I appreciate you for taking all the steps you have to try to fix this issue.  I will be happy to look into this for you. You stated that you’re using the Verizon Message+ this is great. What I would like to try is have the phone in Safe Mode(https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216817/) This will not delete anything off of the phone however we will be able to know if it’s a third party app that is causing the problem. Once the phone is on Safe Mode try and send the MMS. Try this out for a couple of hours and let us know how it works. We will be standing by for the results.

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you details Korene84 for the added details. The information you gave is detailed and helpful. I appreciate you for taking all the steps you have to try to fix this issue.  I will be happy to look into this for you. You stated that you’re using the Verizon Message+ this is great. What I would like to try is have the phone in Safe Mode(https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216817/) This will not delete anything off of the phone however we will be able to know if it’s a third party app that is causing the problem. Once the phone is on Safe Mode try and send the MMS. Try this out for a couple of hours and let us know how it works. We will be standing by for the results.

JenniferL_VZW

Hello,

I put my phone in safe mode and tested the MMS service, and it froze again. This happened multiple times. 

Again, it is the Verizon service, not my phone. Please fix this. 

Klue
Master - Level 1

Does this happen when you drive any distance where your signal is picked up by a different tower. Or can you get someone with an S9 preferably, or any other Samsung phone to your location to see if they have the same problems. Just trying to rule out your phone or Verizon. So far you statements on its a Verizon problem havent been proven. Another phone would probably do it.

0 Likes
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Klue wrote:

Does this happen when you drive any distance where your signal is picked up by a different tower. Or can you get someone with an S9 preferably, or any other Samsung phone to your location to see if they have the same problems. Just trying to rule out your phone or Verizon. So far you statements on its a Verizon problem havent been proven. Another phone would probably do it.

The freezing happens all the time, whenever a rapid succession of group MMS texts are sent or received. This happens when I am at my office, when I am home, when I'm in a moving vehicle. It happens all the time, at all locations. It does not happen to any other samsung user. My in laws  have the samsung galaxy s9, this does not happen to them, but it will happen to me when I am at their house. 

So far, I haven't received any help that solves this Verizon service issue. I've been getting the run around, and I am getting very frustrated. 

Klue
Master - Level 1

Sounds like your phone is the problem, not the Verizon service, if your inlaw's phone works ok with mms and yours does not, while at the same location.

0 Likes
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Klue wrote:

Sounds like your phone is the problem, not the Verizon service, if your inlaw's phone works ok with mms and yours does not, while at the same location.

Well...hmmm. it even happens while in safe mode. And all I read is you are blaming my phone, not offering a solution. Thanks for your help. Anyone else?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying out safe mode. Sorry to hear that you haven't had success just yet. I'm confident we can figure this out. Let's try resetting the app with these instructions:  http://spr.ly/6609Et5wd

After resetting the app, try it out again and let us know your findings. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes