Re: MMS broken again, Galaxy S8+
korene84
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for trying out safe mode. Sorry to hear that you haven't had success just yet. I'm confident we can figure this out. Let's try resetting the app with these instructions:  http://spr.ly/6609Et5wd

After resetting the app, try it out again and let us know your findings. 

RyanM_VZW

Hello,

Thanks for trying, but this did not help. It is not just the messages+ app, but ALL text messaging apps that I have tried. When MMS data freezes, it freezes on all messaging apps. 

Klue
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds like we would need to review every option for a replacement! Since it is only happening to your phone, that is. Have you looked into upgrading, insurance, or warranty replacements? Insurance would require a downpayment from $150-$300. However, the warranty would be free. If you have no physical damages to your phone, we can get you a warranty replacement if you are within the timeframe. How does this sound? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
SeanSkiVT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its not a phone thing, I've had this issue on a Pixel, an S9, a Note 9, and an S10e.  It only happens on Verizon.  I have an identical Note 9 as my work phone on T-Mobile and I never have this issue.

I'm getting really sick of this problem, and the poor response from Verizon on this thread is flat-out comically bad.  This has been an issue forever, the users in the thread have demonstrated that it's not a problem with any one phone or specific model of phone, it isn't an issue with any one version of Android, etc.  The common denominator is Verizon Wireless.  

Have any of the Verizon reps here forwarded this issue to engineering?

IOSIFMIKEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Literally still having this issue on two different Samsung s10+ devices. it's not the phones. @vzw_customer_support come on now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IOSIFMIKEL,

I'm sorry to see you are having so many issues with your phone. This is never good to see. Please tell me more. When did you start having this problem? What steps (if any) have you taken to get this taken care of? I want to ensure we don't repeat any steps.

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
mochaman_9
Enthusiast - Level 2

February 3, 2020 and my Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 9 Pie on Samsung One UI 1.0 continues to experience this issue (MMS is actually locked as I'm writing this message) I had an LG G6 before this running Android 8 Oreo that also experienced this issue. It is extremely frustrating that Verizon is failing to see it is something wrong with their network or how it gets along with the Android messaging service. You would think a company that advertises how "dedicated" they are to network reliability would see this post and IMMEDIATELY begin working with Samsung, LG, and Google on a fix maybe even Apple as it seems some iPhones have been affected. I never had these issues with U.S. Cellular and everyday Verizon is giving me more and more reasons to switch back to them. Please understand this is no longer an issue that can be solved by telling people to "turn it off and back on again" or "put it in safe mode" this is now something that y'all need to get your engineers on and take a look at your network performance and who is handling your MMS messages and then work on a fix. This is extremely frustrating that not only is it affecting my personal phone but my business phones use Verizon and they too are plagued by the same MMS Stall issue. If Verizon doesn't fix their stuff. I'm taking my business back to U.S. Cellular. They might not have the best infrastructure but when I press send on U.S. Cellular it sends NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Yobraniac
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is utterly ridiculous. I just read 11 pages of comments with people reporting literally the same issue happening on different phones in different areas with the only common theme is that they are all on Verizon and the only thing support can do is not read the whole thread, give canned responses, and not make any real effort to provide help. How many people have to report that they tried all of your steps before you escalate this issue?

I never had this issue until I switched to Verizon. My husband is on the same plan and he has the same problem. We've had multiple phones and the issue occurs with every single phone. I have tried every troubleshooting step in the book and nothing has resolved this MMS issue. 

It would be really great if the next support person who responds READS the entire thread and not ask the same questions or provide the same troubleshooting steps that have already been listed and tried. It is extremely disrespectful to your customers to give canned messages and troubleshooting steps when clearly we should be past that. This is a multi year thread with not only no solution but no actual assistance with the issue. No one has reported anything support has posted resolved this issue. When are we going to get real help with the this issue?? Or is it you have our money so we will just keep giving garbage responses until you give up? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand looking to take care of this for your device. Have you tried troubleshooting options with this device? Is all MMS failing, or only to certain contacts? Have you tried doing a full factory reset and not do an immediate restore? This way you can test your device as if it was new. Let us know if this works at all. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
Yobraniac
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can't be serious. Have you actually read this thread? It's been open since 2017 and all Verizon does is keep reposting the same message. NONE of your suggestions and troubleshooting steps have worked. Please move to the next step in your process or direct us to someone that can actually help. And yes, I personally have done every troubleshooting step on multiple phones and it does not resolve the issue.