MMS is being compressed to 30KB
Gentleman731

I recently noticed when trying to send a screen shot of my phone to a friend it ended up being extremely pixelated and unreadable. I then noticed that whenever I send or receive a MMS it says it's 30KB or less even though the images are very high quality and look great before being sent. This is very aggravating and making me think I shouldn't even have this service since it is virtually unusable by me now. This 30KB cap is ridiculous and needs to be raised. What's the point in being able to take nice pictures if you can't even share them? Anyone have any idea how to fix this, or is it even fixable?

0 Likes
Re: MMS is being compressed to 30KB
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there any reason why you can't share through other means? Email? Google+? Facebook? Etc.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gentleman731

Sure I could do that. But I'm paying almost $150 a month for my service and unlimited sms and mms is a part of that. So why on Earth should I be paying for something that I can't use? Plus it's really inconvenient to be texting someone and have to tell them, "Oh sorry my service sucks so I'll have to email you this picture instead of just being able to send it to you regularly".

0 Likes
Arjuna89

Bump. All of my MMS messages are compressed to absurd levels. For example I tried to send myself a 123kb .gif MMS and upon receiving the image it was compressed to 30kb, and I also lost the animation. I've tried every single top rated messaging app to no avail. I've also ensured that all the settings in the messaging application are set to allow up to 5mb (which is the maximum, usually).

In the past I've had no issue sending MMS messages. 3mb .gif, no problem- before. I haven't done any software alterations to my phone, ever. I've tried resetting my phone, looked at every option available under settings, app settings, etc.

0 Likes
conradcole

I'm currently troubleshooting this and will have the answer soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your situation Arjuna. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the phone, but all MMS messages will be compressed automatically. There is not a setting to turn off the compression. There are set limits for MMS file sizes as well http://bit.ly/14Oy8QM. You can send larger files via email or upload them to social media sites.

I hope that helps!

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jcerda180

I am having the same problem. I switched to Verizon from AT&T, and my photos were not being compressed as much there.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes