Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,895 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
MMS stopped working on S9 after sept 21 update
Ladylani

After the last update on my Samsung S9 (21Sept2018) I can no longer send MMS messages. Normal text and receiving MMS is fine. Tried 3 different messaging apps (Samsung, Google, Verizon).

I tried to reset my APN to default but that option is grayed out.

What else can be done?

0 Likes
Re: MMS stopped working on S9 after sept 21 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to send MMS messages, Ladylani. Are you having trouble with both group text messages and picture messages? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the text messaging applications, or clearing the cache in the applications? Sometimes, clearing the cache in one or more of your texting applications can help you with sending or receiving text messages, even if the message itself is not being sent across multiple applications. The message data itself is not usually stored in the app cache, so it sill not affect your messages themselves.

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
RPM510
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bump.

I got the same issue with the update after 9/21. I did my update on 9/22 946am. After that my Samsung s9+ was unable to send any pics. to anyone or MMS for group text or pics. to anyone on Vzw or others network. Keep gettting Invalid invalid destination address error msg. on both Message+ and Samsung Message app..

Call VZW and did all the steps. Nothing got it to work. Until that evening I got a text from Vzw Tech to asking me shut down the phone for 5 min and reboot leave it on for 5 min. After that all my text was working.

Problem cam back after I turn off the phone to avoid getting text from the  presidential alert text. After I turn on my Samsung s9+, the texting problems came back. No pics. to anyone. No texting or sending pics. to group text. NOW I FIND OUT, UNABLE TO TURN ON MY MOBILE HOTSPOT. ERROR MSG. SAY " UNABLE TO CONNECT MOBLIE NUBER NOT FOUND".

call back to Vzw. [removed] wait time for each call is about an hour wait. [removed] . They inform me that there a problem going on with all Samsung s9, s9+ and notes. The fix for this problem is not found yet.

If I can I like to move my service to another carriers. Been with VZW when they were GTE. Why am I paying for service I can't use. and all my friends are able to group texting but I can't reply back and have to reply to each person one on one. I can't even use my hotspot for my Ipad this weekend and was very upset.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
kgsiii
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon support does not have a solution to this. I have spent more than two weeks with them trying to figure this out and, in the end, their only solution is to replace the phone. Unfortunately, I have been surfing message boards for weeks trying to figure this out. This problem goes back years and neither Verizon nor Samsung have found a solution. I have replaced two SIM cards and done a factory reset. Each time, the problem has come back.

RPM510
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what do I have to do to get my MMS texting and my moblie hotspot back? Replace the phone???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that we have covered all of our bases here. I have the same device and love it, so I would be upset it the messaging feature didn't work correctly. I have seen a couple steps that people have tried. Have you saved your personal information and done a complete factory reset without restoring from your previous settings? 

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-boot & re-try.

0 Likes
RON6830
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replace the whole provider. Verizon has a master ticket on this and is 'attempting to fix' with Samsung yet it has been weeks! Meanwhile we spend $1k on a phone and cannot send a mms?? I suspect they are not working on it at all. Probably cheaper to loose us as customers rather than quickly repair. I am beyond frustrated and considering moving me and my company off Verizon for good. No updates, no communication, jut me calling in every day to beg for an answer to the problem.

RPM510
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel the same pains as you. I call and have to wait almost an hour just to hear that my ticket that was open on 8/24/2018 have join ALL others in a group that have Samsung s9, s9+ and Notes are having the same issues. I have to find out if I have to pay any fee if I wanted to move out of Vzw service.

0 Likes
Meg11

I have the same issue. Its making me crazy. Went to verizon and they had no idea why my number was coming up wrong. If you look at your text number and number in my phone it will prob be a crazy looking number. Mine starts with a 0!!!! this is what is making the text not send. So while at verizon they gave me a new SIM CARD  and it changed it back. Today I turned off my phone and it went back to the same stuff ! This is ridiculous that they can't figure out why the phones are changing its number by itself.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes