MMS stopped working over Wi-Fi.
jmcook797
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S9 Plus. Normally I use the stock messaging app or Textra. For the past couple of months I've been using Textra no problem over Wi-Fi. Since I have Wi-Fi calling enabled SMS and MMS are sent over my Wi-Fi networks as I only have 1x signal in my house. I had the S8 plus before this and I've been using it for over a year.

The past few weeks for some reason text works fine but I cannot send MMS over Wi-Fi. I can receive them just not send them. I actually did a factory reset on my phone and it didn't help so I did a factory reset on my router and it helped for about an hour. I've already talked to Verizon and AT&T who is my DSL provider and no one can figure it out. I've temporarily switch to the Verizon messaging app but I'm having other issues with it although the MMS is working. I would rather use Textra or the stock Samsung app.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS stopped working over Wi-Fi.
jmcook797
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm now updated to Android Pie / One UI and the problem is gone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are still having issues with MMS messaging over Wi-Fi, cc8941. We want to get this issue resolved for you. You mentioned that you are using the Textra app. Are you having the same issues with the stock messaging app? We would suggest you uninstall the Textra app and the Verizon messages app and testing MMS messages with the stock messaging app. If you cannot uninstall the Verizon Messages app, disabling it will work as well. 

Pedro_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmcook797
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you I've already tried that though and it doesn't work. The strange thing is it will work over some public Wi-Fi networks but not all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need of having an application that works properly for you, while MMS do require for you to have your data on since the data information is sent through your line, what is the error message you get when you try to send the message? Paloma_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmcook797
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's just the thing with data off it used to work. It worked over Wi-Fi calling through the router. It's actually part of Wi-Fi calling.

Failed is the only error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that your messages used to work fine over WiFi with data off. I understand that you have 1X signal at home (as per your previous message) and this is why you use WiFi to send your messages. Regardless of the 1X signal in your home, are you able to send messages over WiFi if you turn your device's data on?
Are you using the Verizon Message+ (http://spr.ly/6582DW8I2) application?

Antonio_VZW

0 Likes
jmcook797
Enthusiast - Level 2

No even if I have Wi-Fi connected with data on messages will not send over Wi-Fi. Only if I'm using the Verizon Messages app.

0 Likes
jmcook797
Enthusiast - Level 2

That meant to say only if I'm using Verizon messages will it actually send not on other apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you trying to get your device fixed CC8941. I do see that you even factory reset your device. I want to make sure we resolve your concerns. I have sent you a private message so we can continue. 

Amber_VZW

0 Likes
JayD2017

I am having the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy S9+; was a solution for this issue ever found?

0 Likes