MMS video splitting into JPG and QCP files
MysteriousDame22

All MMS videos sent from an iPhone to my S22 are splitting into JPG and QCP files. Starting a new thread as the previous discussions resulted in no solution.

Please help!! My LG didn't have this issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS video splitting into JPG and QCP files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MysteriousDame22, thank you for reaching out to us. Let's review the details. When did this concern start? Which text message application are you using? Are all MMS Videos being sent to you impacted? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
MysteriousDame22

I am using Messages App (default when I got the phone). It started when I switched from my LG to the S22. One video came through ok as a .3gp (normal) on 7/31/22. That video was not sent any different, but it was the only one that has come through. It is all videos that someone tries to send me - most have been from an iPhone. My videos go out/are received without issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MysteriousDame22, thank you for confirming this information. Can you please let us know if your device has the latest Software Update https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-300842/? Also, does this concern occur if you were to use a different text messaging app? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
MysteriousDame22

Yes, I have the latest Software Updated installed. I tried two different messaging apps (Samsung Default Messages and Google's Messages).

0 Likes
MysteriousDame22

Found and downloaded Verizon Messaging App. Did a few tests and can at least receive videos from my family now. So solution is use the Verizon Messaging App!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MysteriousDame22 wrote:

Yes, I have the latest Software Updated installed. I tried two different messaging apps (Samsung Default Messages and Google's Messages).

This post doesn't appear to be a solution. Why is it marked as CORRECT ANSWER?  You should be able to 'unmark' it as ANSWERED and mark the correct one if your issue is solved.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is good news, MysteriousDame22. Glad to hear the Verizon Messaging app was helpful. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

-Jason

0 Likes