MOM! NOUGAT! WE WANT IT NOW!
chrisrach3

Verizon is the LAST to push it! AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint APP have it! When?!

0 Likes
Re: MOM! NOUGAT! WE WANT IT NOW!
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I am guessing about 2 months after Verizon starts selling the S8.

0 Likes
mcrilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely! Android updates are one of the biggest reasons I had for leaving AT&T, they were always late. Now I've moved to Big red, and they are even worse! Next phone I but will be direct from Google or Apple so I can get updates directly when they are available.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlocked models haven't updated either. So not last.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chrisrach3

Uhh, what? What percentage of phones are unlocked? I'm talking about Nougat for the masses. Based on what I'm seeing for Google searches, apparently they're rolling out for the other three.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung sells the unlocked models on their website and it works on all the carriers. Unless Samsung publishes their sales numbers for type of model there is no way to know how many are sold for each type.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Ann154

We (EVERYBODY) talking about major carrier.

such as Verizon,AT&T,Tmobile and Sprint.

0 Likes
mcrilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you buy direct from Samsung, you have a factory unlocked phone and should already have nougat. If you bought a phone from one of the big 4 carriers and had it unlocked, you are still depending on that carrier to release the update to your phone as each carrier has a different model phone. Verizon was part of the beta program for nougat though, and I know there were some problems, but from what I've read, most users were very happy with the update, so I don't understand this delay. Of the big 4 carriers though, they are last to release.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not necessarily. The tech site article I posted on this thread or another thread stated the unlocked models haven't updated either. This would include users on any of the four big carriers. How would you like it if the carrier branded model gets updated before the unlocked "pure" model?

0 Likes
mcrilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see any link posted here, so must be in another post. I don't care about unlocked versions anyway, so why bother bringing it up. If you are on Sprint, T-Mibile, or At&T, and you have a galaxy S7 or S7 edge, that is not unlocked, then you are getting nougat right now or will be soon. If you are on Verizon and have a galaxy S7 or S7 edge that is also not unlocked, you aren't getting nougat right now. So of the big 4 carriers Verizon is the last to release nougat for an S7 or S7 edge, where the S7 and S7 edge are not carrier unlocked. As if that even mattered. I suppose if I had bought an S7 straight from Samsung and still didn't have nougat, then yes I'd be upset that At&T, T-Mibile, and Sprint Galaxy S7 users are already getting nougat.