Made a mistake and upgrade to a difficult to understand and use version 8. How do I go back to version 7?
GPCOC

Did a stupid thing the other day and upgraded my Galaxy S7 Edge to Android Version 8.  It is confusing to use and doesn't work correctly.  Is it possible to return to Version 7?

0 Likes
Re: Made a mistake and upgrade to a difficult to understand and use version 8.  How do I go back to version 7?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You can't revert to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Made a mistake and upgrade to a difficult to understand and use version 8. How do I go back to version 7?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are suppose to enhance your user experience. I know that there maybe some changes that can be a bit difficult to use. However, as stated by Ann154 you are unable to revert back to the older version once you have completed the update. What issues are you having with your device? 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes