Mail notification issues with new "update"
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked through the forums and didn't see this addressed or answered. Since the update (which I HATE), I am unable to change the notification tone for my email accounts. When I try to go into the Account Settings, all I get is a message that says "Unfortunately, Email has stopped". All I get is vibration when a new email arrives....which leads to the second problem. Unless I specifically go into the email account, and hit the refresh button, I don't even know that I have new mail.

HATE the way the new message pops up on the screen and you have to unlock the screen to clear it - it is really obnoxious in a business setting to have my phone light up like a freaking disco when a text comes through.

HATE how miniscule the phone data info has become at the top of the screen. What braniac thought it was a good idea to that? So we can't see how quickly the battery drains now? So we can't see that we are no longer getting 4G service in locations that have never been a problem?

I really wish I had done some investigating before allowing the update, because it seriously sucks.

0 Likes
Re: Mail notification issues with new "update"
JBodd3n
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with my email notifications. It only vibrates. There is no tone. When I try to go into each specific email account I get the same message, "Unfortunately, email has stopped".  I am getting the mail icon in the notification bar and my mail is syncing and operating properly. You are the first person I have come across with this same issue.

My battery is definitely draining faster and my phone is lagging and even freezing at times. I do like some on the changes to the interface but I have to agree that this update was not ready. I wish they had continued to postpone it until it was really working properly.

Verizon support, please look into this issue and respond with a real answer not a factory reset.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bluegal,

We know how important it is to have your device working properly. After all communication while on the go is almost a standard in today's society. I would like to partner with you and get your email notifications changed. May I have you send me a private message so we can resolve this together? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Arnett, how do you propose fixing my mail notifications? And my sudden lack of battery life?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
teamn5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Instead of private messaging, would you post the solution on this message board for all of us?

Immediately after the update, I now have the same problem with "account settings" for my Microsoft exchange client. Each time I tap on "account settings" to access "notification settings"  I get the message "Unfortunately email has stopped working."

thanks for your reply...

ellebeth

I am having the same email issue re: notifications and settings.  Any fix yet?

I did fix the obnoxious flash problem by following someone else's instructions. I went to settings>accessibility>flash notification (next to last option). This box was unchecked so I checked it and unchecked it again and restarted my phone.  This seems to have remedied that problem.

I also keep getting the backup assistant plus upgrade option but am afraid to upgrade after hearing the horror stories 98% have had.

Any updates on any of this?

0 Likes
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having the same problems, no further contact from Samsung or Verizon. When I complained on their Facebook page, I was given the standard suggestion of doing a factory reset. Ummmm...NO. Based on all of the info on these forums, that will NOT help with any of these issues.

0 Likes
Franknca

I have similar problems with the update.  It deleted some of my special ringtones that I had downloaded off the internet.  It also screwed up my wife's phone.  All this after they promised that this update wouldn't affect data or settings.  I hate these so called improvements that cause more problems than what they fix.  I have no recourse but to go into a Verizon store and have them try and fix it.  Of course one has to stand in line for a long time to do this.  Verizon no longer seems to have email support either as I find no way to email them anymore.

0 Likes
ellebeth

Any update on this email app fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ellebeth,

Thanks for keeping us posted; I’m glad you were able to locate the setting to change the flash notifications.  I understand the hesitation to upgrade your Backup assistant application, but I assure you the updated are released to enhance the application, not cause you more problems. What is it that concerns you the most with Backup Assistant?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes