Re: Mail notification issues with new "update"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bluegal,

Thanks for the details! When a software update is installed on a device, the deivce is hard reset, then restored from the backup taken prior to the update. When this restore occurs, sometimes not all software is restored properly. This is why we recommend a Hard Reset to the device. The Hard Reset will attempt to repair any device software that did not restore properly when the update occured. Please attempt the Hard Reset http://vz.to/1dHTrqT and keep us posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why should I have to do a "hard reset" and spend DAYS restoring my phone to my preferred settings, lose ALL OF MY PHOTOS on the very UNLIKELY chance that this will actually fix one of my problems?

0 Likes
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

***UPDATE***

I completely deleted my email accounts, and then re-added them. (of course managed to tick off my IT guys at work when they had to walk me through set up). I am now able to get into the setting s for each email account, and assign a ringtone. BUT....I still don't get notifications unless I manually refresh each account! I have double (triple) checked my settings, they are set to "push", so that means they should come right through.

Apple is looking better and better.

0 Likes
teamn5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completed deleted my MS Exchange account also and then added it again.

Also worked for me.  Now able to access account settings.

thanks for the advice!

0 Likes
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great that I can finally access the settings, and change the ringtone from silent, to something I can hear, BUT MY EMAILS DO NOT COME THROUGH UNLESS I MANUALLY REFRESH THE ACCOUNT EVERY TIME!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bluegal wrote:

Great that I can finally access the settings, and change the ringtone from silent, to something I can hear, BUT MY EMAILS DO NOT COME THROUGH UNLESS I MANUALLY REFRESH THE ACCOUNT EVERY TIME!!

Is the background sync turned on? I don't quite remember where it is located on Samsung phones,but it might be in the Data Usage option in the Settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bluegal
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG, that did it! Now WHY couldn't anyone from Verizon suggest this? All they can suggest for EVERY PROBLEM with this lousy DOWNGRADE is to do a hard reset. And why would anyone need to go into this setting and change it after a forced update? Flippin ridiculous.

0 Likes