Mailbox number
Nayehi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen many (let's say a lot of) posts about this but I can't find an answer.

Whenever I try to go to my voicemail I get a prompt "Enter you mailbox number". I have tried my phone number and my pin number, nothing works. HELP

Galaxy S22 and S22 Ultra (both phones). Started service June 1 2022

Labels (1)
Re: Mailbox number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having full access to your Voicemail is important. When did this begin? Have you used the Voicemail app in the past? Are you dialing *86 to call your Voicemail? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes
Nayehi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick response Evelyn. Sorry for my slow reply, have been under the weather for few days. You can call my phone at any time and hear the response. Oh and both phone# were ported from Spectrum.

I started service Jun 1, 2 lines-both have same issue. Have not been able to setup VM on either line. Asks for mailbox number. I am dialing *86 but has same prob if I don't answer call. Visual VM has same problem. I have tried every way to get to VM and every number/combination I can come up with.

Thanks again

Tony

0 Likes
Nayehi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have found the problem??? Both phones were assigned a phone# until my existing numbers could be ported. If I use the temp number, VM says the mailbox has not been set up and to call from the phone with that number which I cannot. Don't mean to complicate the issue, but that may help us figure this out.

Thanks again

-Tony

(BTW the temp numbers have royally messed up my bill but that's a separate issued, unless you can help me with that later since phone calls to VZ have not helped at all)

SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

Tony, 

Just a suggestion, if you have not already, call into financial dept. to discuss any issues this has caused with your billing. Talking here and/or with Customer Service you will just get the run around, along with being passed around as if you were a red headed lady of the night at a Bachelor Party in Vegas. Just saying. I wish you the best of luck.✌️❤️🧂 

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
Nayehi
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SaltyS21U_User 

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have been in touch with the Fin group. Still workin with them.

@vzw_customer_support  or anyone else

Any other help, suggestions, guidance? I am going into my 4th month without Voice Mail (including Visual) on either of my 2 lines.

Let me summarize: I started service 2 lines Jun 1, 2022. Have not been able to setup VM on either line. Prompt asks "Enter your mailbox number". I have tried every way to get to VM and every number or combination I can come up with. Both phone# were ported from Spectrum, however both phones were assigned temp numbers. I have found that if I use those temp numbers the VM prompt is "This voice mailbox has not been set up. To set up voicemail, call from your own phone." and of course I can not do that.

TIA for any help

-Tony

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nayehi, it is concerning to see you have had this issue with your voicemail for this long. We have sent you a Private Note so we may look further into this for you.

-Christine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for the additional details. I am sending you a Private Note so we can access your account & best assist.

-Gina

0 Likes
SaltyS21U_User
Contributor - Level 3

#Christine,

NO!!! What is concerning, is none of you have been able and/or willing to fix the issues and/or concerns. WAKE UP VERIZON!! Pretty soon all your customers may jump ship and none of you will get that easy paycheck for false statements/answers, hanging up on customers, or just passing them onto the next agent to do the previous statements.

Salty... Oh, yes I am!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to review your concerns with you here. We recommend leaving us a Private Note as soon as possible. We will be here for you, day and night!

*Robert

0 Likes