Major phone issues
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past 6 weeks, my phone has been rendered almost completely USELESS.  I have contacted Verizon Support and Android Support with no help.  It seems to me that this issue started after my phone updated in September.  Since that time, I've had the following issues:

1.  My phone will no longer update Apps.  If they download AT ALL, it is super slow until it reaches 99% or 100% and then hangs.  I have to reboot in order for it to finish installing.  That has to be done for each. and. every. app.

2. Messages are not sending or receiving normally.  Family members will send me text messages that never appear.  At all.  If I am part of a group message, I randomly receive "Recipient does not have sufficient funds to receive message."  Sometimes I never receive the text at all (usually if it is a picture message).

3. Phone calls won't dial, drop unexpectedly and/or service is super poor quality. 

4. Moisture in Charging Port Error - In the past two weeks, I've started to get this error constantly.  Let me be CRYSTAL CLEAR - My phone has NEVER been anywhere that would allow it to get wet so I know this error is bogus.  I repeat - NEVER.   In the begining, I could power down the phone and charge it.  Not any more....now I can ONLY charge it wirelessly which is a real P.I.T.A. because I travel for my job and can't easily transport a Qi charger in my suitcase or backpack. 

I have tried numerous ways to fix these issues including:

1. Factory reset - twice.  I have completely wiped my phone at least two separate times now.  Did not restore completely because I wanted to see if this was being caused by some app that was downloaded.  Nope....even using factory default settings, I am having all these same issues.

2. Wipe cache partition - tried several times both before and after resetting to factory defaults.  Did not help.

3. Clear Cache for numerous services tied to Google Play Store - I've tried to 'Clear Cache' and 'Clear Data' for numerous services that work with the Google Play store, both on my own and with the help of Android Support.  None of this worked....  In fact, Android Support tried to launch a remote service to fix my phone for me and it wouldn't launch. 

4. Safe Mode - I've put my phone into Safe Mode during troubleshooting more times than I can count.  I still cannot get Apps to Update OR get the Moisture Error to disappear in Safe Mode.  Safe Mode is essentially useless in regards to these issues.

My speculation -

It is completely my own speculation that whatever caused these issues, for me at least, started in the September update.  But it has rendered my phone completely useless with very little functionality....to the point that even though I have been an Android/Samsung user for 10+ years, I am now actively trying to find a completely different phone and service.  I'm sure Verizon or Android won't care about losing this user, but it is a sad statement that they don't.

Labels (1)
Re: Major phone issues
deloused
Master - Level 3

It sounds like a new phone would resolve those issues

0 Likes
LadyRelm2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, there's two potential outcomes for this situation -

1. Verizon/Samsung/Android can figure out what is actually causing these problems.  I know I'm not the only one this is happening to from reading these forums.  It would be helpful if they worked together instead of pointing the fingers at each other which solves NOTHING.   I supposedly "own" this phone (i.e. I'm paying for it), but they can push through updates whenever they want which break my phone.  Who is liable for loss of service, then?

2. I can "eat" the remaining $200 owed on the phone (yes, this phone is barely a year old) and go purchase another phone.  If I have to do that, I will no longer use Verizon/Samsung/Android.  It's silly that the only "resolution" to fixing something that they broke is to go pay money to buy something else.  Where are the consumer's rights in this debacle?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LadyRelm2, making sure you have a properly working device is vital. We are sorry to hear about all of the concerns you are experiencing with your device. We value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken in efforts to resolve your device concern. We would like the opportunity to further explore your device options. We have sent you a Private Message so that we would be able to take a closer look at your account and device concern. Please respond to that message. Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for accepting my call. I'm sorry that uncontrollable circumstances have led to your need to work with us at a later time.
When ready, message us here, and a colleague will give you a call.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Imevil2011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had this same issue but not with samsung I found nothing to work one thing to try I've learned that some times factory reset within the device to not be any help would you mind to try a hard reset wipe cache  then factory reset from hard reset menu I find this last resort but fixed 90% of the problems not solved by data reset within android its self

0 Likes