Make wake up screen stay on longer ??
Dale97

I have a Galaxy S8. When you wake this up first thing in the morning, as well as after an extended idle time you have to unlock the phone. You only have about 5 seconds to do this before the screen blanks and you once again have to hit the "home" button and start the process over.

If there is any sort of message displayed on the screen when it wakes up there is not sufficient time to read that before this wake up screen times out. This morning on wake up there was a large block of text stating that there was some way to cause the wake up screen to remain on longer than 5 seconds. Unfortunately the message was long and I could not read the instructions before the screen timed out and the message was gone.

How can I keep the initial wake up screen remain on longer and allow a longer time to unlock the phone?

I am NOT talking about the display time out once the phone is unlocked. I have that set to two minutes. This is a different time out than the time allowed to unlock the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Make wake up screen stay on longer ??
curque
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to settings-lock screen and security-secure lock settings-lock automatically.......i believe that is what you are looking for. Hope this helps

0 Likes
Dale97

I have "Lock Automatically" set to 30 minutes. What I am trying to accomplish is changing the time allowed to swipe the screen to log in such that if you pick up a phone that is powered on but sleeping and you hit the home button at bottom of the screen the screen and any text displayed will remain on for a minute or so. Right now if the phone is locked you only get about 5 seconds to swipe the screen at which time you will see the password/unlock prompt. If you don't swipe quickly enough you must again hit the home button as the screen will blank.

0 Likes
curque
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gotcha, the only thing I can think of is if you turn on "smart stay" the screen will stay on if you are holding it and looking at the phone. Settings-display-smart stay. Of course it won't work if your phone is laying down.