Manually Switching out of 4G
The_prof
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from a Moto Droid RAZR Maxx to the Galaxy S4.  I had an app that brought me to a phone setting that allowed me to select CDMA vs. LTE frin a drop down list so I could force the phone into a slower speed network to save battery life.  That App ( LTE Setting) does not work on the Samsung S4.  That app brought me to s android screen that started with the IMEI number, Phone Number, and a long list of other settings.  The one called Set preferred network type has a pull down list of about 15 different settings.  How do I get to this on the Galaxy S4?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Manually Switching out of 4G
The_prof
Enthusiast - Level 2

90% is screen, nothing else significant.  Yesterday at the movies my phone in the holster got very hot and went from 90% battery to 50 % in 90 minutes.  I wonder if the holster caused the screen to stay on with the power switch facing down?  I'll have to make sure it always faces up.  I found a thread about apps that allow you to shut off LTD and use CDMA but no of them work.  I'll keep searching.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might not be possible with the Galaxy S4 especially if the manufacturer didn't include the code to allow you to access that area of the phone settings.

I didn't have an issue with battery life on the S4 I have used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
The_prof
Enthusiast - Level 2

I seem to be using up battery power too quickly, moderate use seems to drain the battery in 4-5 hours with few phone calls.  I shut the screen off after use and use wifi when available.  I also shut off wifi when not available. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The_prof wrote:

I seem to be using up battery power too quickly, moderate use seems to drain the battery in 4-5 hours with few phone calls.  I shut the screen off after use and use wifi when available.  I also shut off wifi when not available. 

So what does the battery usage graphic tell what is using the battery?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
The_prof
Enthusiast - Level 2

90% is screen, nothing else significant.  Yesterday at the movies my phone in the holster got very hot and went from 90% battery to 50 % in 90 minutes.  I wonder if the holster caused the screen to stay on with the power switch facing down?  I'll have to make sure it always faces up.  I found a thread about apps that allow you to shut off LTD and use CDMA but no of them work.  I'll keep searching.

0 Likes