Marshmallow is killing my battery too!
xofco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Updated this morning to marshmallow after waiting over a year for a fix for the lollipop update that gave my phone issues.  Battery didn't make it half way through the day with very limited use.  Did the wipe cache, a few times, no change.  Never had a phone with so many issues.  Very disappointed. Should have known better than do the update without looking into other peoples update issues first. 

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow is killing my battery too!
DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

I'm ticked off too!  It's blantely obvious these updates aren't being properly tested before release.  My S5 was a gem on KitKat.  Lolliflop and Marshmallow have destroyed the S5's out there and we should never be forced into upgrading.  I personally think this a planned attack by Samsung to get people to buy new phones every year.  The golden rule has become "Stick With the OS The Phone Originally Came With!", or else!

Re: Marshmallow is killing my battery too!
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

I honestly believe the only thing that can get that changed would be perhaps a lot of consumers filing complaints with Federal Trade Commission for fraudulent business practices. Perhaps the FCC as well.

0 Likes