Marshmallow update has broken Android Pay
jackrussell

On my phone, the Marshmallow update has broken Android Pay.  What I used to do with Lollipop was unlock the screen with my fingerprint, hold the phone over the payment terminal, and everything else would just work.  Quick and easy.

Now with Marshmallow Android Pay prompts me to enter a password.  But at the same time it gives some bogus information to the payment terminal which confuses it.  If I manually enter the administrative password, it gets me past the problem with the Android Pay app, but then I have to go to the payment terminal and press cancel, back or some such (sometimes with the assistance of the clerk) - then and only then will the thing go through. 

This is too much of a pain in the neck to use in this state - I am wondering if I missed some other configuration thing or is it just plain broken on this phone now.  I am starting to regret having installed Marshmallow.

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update has broken Android Pay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange, jackrussell. I personally use the Android Pay applications almost daily, and I truly understand how inconvenient this issue is for you. Since the issue started after the software update, it appears that the update did not complete 100% successfully. My resources indicate that the best next step is to run the software repair tool and confirm a successful update.

Please follow the steps at this link and keep us posted: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-update-repair-assistant/

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update has broken Android Pay
CABLE2001

Something very similar is happening to me. I don't have to hit cancel on the payment terminal but every since Marshmallow I have to hold the phone to the terminal, then enter my backup password, then hold it to the terminal again. It usually accepts it the second time but every so often fails entirely.

It used to be flawless.

0 Likes