Marshmallow update
Free4mama

I got a notice that my S6 was ready to update to Marshmallow. I am connected to wifi with strong signal and have tried multiple times to download the update but fails every time. I go to settings and check for update and it says it is ready. My S6 is still on Lollipop. Any tips?

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow update
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

With Samsung, I would make sure you have everything backed up to be safe.  You will notice some battery drain right after installing but it goes away as soon as the OS learns your usage patterns.  If you use Verizon Cloud to backup your contacts, you may need to go into it afterwards from a computer and move your contacts out of the trashcan to being active so that they will sync on your phone.

0 Likes
Free4mama

Thank you for the heads up. I can't even get it to download the update though. I just backed everything up

0 Likes
JS007

I'm also experiencing the same issue with my S6. I check for an OS update, it tells me there is one available to download, and I tell it to download it now. But it quickly pops up that the download was unsuccessful.

0 Likes
Free4mama

That's exactly what is happening to me. My son has an S6 as well but he hasn't received the update.

0 Likes
Drummer1229

This issue is happening to quite a few people, myself included.  Which is super fantastic!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Free4mama,

Waiting for the latest and greatest in updates can seem like forever. Since any software update is sent out in waves, only a certain amount of devices can communicate with the servers, and update at a time. Rest assured, this is to help protect your device as well as the servers that update your device.
Have you received the update yet? You also have the option to update via the Update Tool. Here is the link: http://vz.to/1GKIbN0

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Free4mama

It finally updated yesterday morning. My son's phone did also. So far, no issues with either one like I've been reading about. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here for you as well JS007! Let's get your S6 updated my friend. Did you have a chance to try the steps that my co-wprld KatiM provided? If not then we would like to encourage you to use the update tool to complete the process. Once you have done so, please keep us updated on the status.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes