Marshmallow
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think most of us can agree that the marshmallow update was a disaster for a lot of us.I have tried everything I could to get my phone to work without rebooting or just freezing up.I have talked to Verizon and Samsung and neither to this day have been able to help.You would think by this point they would have a patch or update for at least half of the problems this update has done. I have apps on my phone that are not compatible for my phone,I have apps that are not installed but yet they have been using data.I did not install these they came with the update.My keyboard is for a note 3,I have SapaMonitor which again says your device isn't compatible with this version.I can't uninstall them or disable them.I have at least 10 other ones that says the are not compatible for this version. This has been going on for over 2 months now I really like to get some help from someone Verizon Samsung or even google seeing from what I understand came out with this marshmallow in the first place.

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried a complete factory reset? I allowed 6.0 to update over Lollipop, then did a total factory reset. Phone has performed much better, taken up less space. I have zero issues since doing the reset.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Yes I have done everything from taking the battery out to the factory reset. The problem with the reset is its marshmallow now and from what I understand my bootloader was damage from the update.

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

I have updated all the apps, ran it in safe mode, wiped the cache partition, and even did a factory reset. I find my apps will cease working repeatedly in mid use, as if they lost all connection to either wi-if or data networks. I have to close and re-open the apps several times (especially Facebook), just to use them. My battery life is slightly better if I keep the Power Saving Mode on, but that seems to keep the apps from functioning properly half the time. Marshmallow is a huge joke forced on us by Verizon and Samsung. Sad part is they won't even admit it. Time to leave now that my contracts are up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help you kathy65793. I apologize for the issue at hand. I have sent you a private message in regards to this. Please take a look.BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kathy65793,

I would be concerned too if my phone were having issues after an update. What happened to your bootloader that you feel it is damaged? When you performed the factory reset, did you restore your info or set it up as a new phone?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know what you mean Chris I have had a run around for months but you know when you get out there and look at ALL the cell phone forums I must admit that even with the standard beginnings of their reply to you that you get from Verizon Support I have seen more help on here than ATT Sprint or Tmobile.I too only have a couple of weeks left on my account been with Verizon since they bought Alltel . Never really had any problems til this last update .No matter what you decide I wish you well, as for me just not sure yet.

Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately, it's getting to the point that none of the companies sremember to feel obligated to actually take care of their customers anymore, including Verizon as of late.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I know exactly what you mean was in the retail business for over 45 yrs and I understand why the customer isn't always right anymore, but cell phone companies give new meaning to To Big To Fail

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

some how during the update at least that is what I got from Samsung, and that was it they couldn't help me after that