Marshmellow ruined my phone
Gerbi1080
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm am so frustrated with Verizon,  after I updated my galaxy s6 with marshmellow.  I got all the common problems.... battery life, wifi/LTE connection problems, GPS malfuctions....   I decided to factory reset my phone... twice for good measure.....  all the errors went away except the connection problems.  Doesn't matter if I'm inside or not.  All apps are updated...  try to restart my phone no luck....  Verizon is a joke and I don't plan on paying my bill till they do me right

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmellow ruined my phone
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have Power Saver Mode on? If so, turn it off and see how it does. I had mine on and was having a lot of trouble with the my connectivity. I commented on a post on here earlier last week and someone came in saying that there must be a small bug with the power saver mode. I have since turned mine off and my connectivity is working great now.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are designed to enhance, not hinder devices. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let's see what's causing the problem. What specific connection problem(s) are you experiencing? Are you unable to establish a wi-fi or LTE connection at all?
AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon does its best to test SAMSUNG'S updates before they roll them out.  Neither Samsung or Verizon is perfect.

I've had good luck going to Best Buy to the Samsung experience desk and having them reflash updates in the past.   Give them a try.

FYI, not paying your bill is not an option.  It will only result in suspended service.  Your service agreement with Verizon doesn't read, "If my phone is broken, I don't have to pay".  Nope.  It is worded, your service will be provided as long as your bills are paid on time or per the customer agreement. 

Gerbi1080
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you please stop with the generic response and actually read what I originally stated.  I was very through in stating the problem and what I have tried.      Thank you

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have Power Saver Mode on? If so, turn it off and see how it does. I had mine on and was having a lot of trouble with the my connectivity. I commented on a post on here earlier last week and someone came in saying that there must be a small bug with the power saver mode. I have since turned mine off and my connectivity is working great now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're very keen on attempting to assist you here. We do appreciate your thoroughness on what you've completed but the questions are still valid. Please elaborate on the original questions presented.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes