Mashmallow update messed up my phone too
JulieMarie620
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6s. I really hope they are going to be doing a fix on the mashmallow update soon...does anyone know? Its messed up my apps on my phone. Facebook won't update, I get a message saying I have no wifi when I do. It updates only once or twice a day.  Its changed how my weather app looks making it harder to tell where state lines are. Today I am getting a message saying my voice mail isn't working. When I text someone I get a little brief message saying the voice recording was removed, when I never made one. That only happens randomly.  I tend to plug it in at night on my night stand to charge and its lighting up at random times...waking me up out of a sound sleep. I am thinking maybe its doing that when its done charging? I don't know. I need to have it there in case of a family emergency but don't want it notifying me when its done charging (if that's whats its doing). Its messed up my Hulu app too. I haven't checked all of them by any means to see what else is wrong, I am sure there is more. I have no idea what new features were suppose to be added, all I see it my phone not working correctly. Smiley Sad I should have checked for feedback on the update before ever allowing it. Going through my phone I did find one good thing to turn off the touch camera on the front of it that I am constantly accidentally hitting. Maybe that option was there already and I didn't know it.

Like most people I don't have hours and hours to try to fix all these bugs on my phone. It took me a good 15 minutes just to sign up to post here. They really need to simplified that. Password requirements are way over the top! 😕

I wish I could also just uninstall this update. Smiley Sad  Back to my original question, when is a fix for this mess coming out? Oh does everyone need to just take their phones in to Verizon and have the tech fix them?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mashmallow update messed up my phone too
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JulieMarie620, let's fix this. Please try restoring the software via the software repair assistant here http://vz.to/1N6yVRy test and share your results. Thank you.
TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Mashmallow update messed up my phone too
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JulieMarie620, let's fix this. Please try restoring the software via the software repair assistant here http://vz.to/1N6yVRy test and share your results. Thank you.
TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes