Massive battery drain issues after the latest software update - phone hot
lehorn

After the latest software update (to the NI2 version) I have massive battery drain issues. The phone also stays hot. Even when I don't actively use the phone it seems to stay "awake" according to the stats. When I disable all data (Wifi and/or 3G/4G) it's perfectly fine. Does anyone else experience the same issues or has recommendations?

0 Likes
Re: Massive battery drain issues after the latest software update - phone hot
tamyk14

i've got the same problem!

0 Likes
asunnyweb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me, too. And several other things either aren't working at all our are so slow they're useless. The phone is unusable.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Is the device trying to sync all your photos with the cloud?

This is what I would do.

Back up your photos and music onto a personal computer. Copy down important settings like for your email, and contacts you can't risk losing.. even icon placement of important apps. Diagram it out.

Then perform a Factory reset on the device. Alternatively you might find the procedure for wiping the low level cache of the device posted in other posts on the site. That might fix the problem and avoid you losing settings and content on your device.

Extremely bizarre behavior post updates are usually associated with low level cache issues that cause the OS to behave poorly.  Some people have reported their phones running hot and that could mean the radio is on constantly attempting to back stuff up to the cloud our restore stuff.

Good luck.

0 Likes