Message+ app no long vibrating Galaxy S7 with Oreo 8.0 update
HARWAI83
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the 8.0 Oreo update yesterday, my Message+ application no longer has the option to vibrate only on incoming texts.  You can set to High (Sound and Vibrate), Medium (no Sound, visual only), and Low (nothing).  Message+ 6.6.6 is the version. Running on a Galaxy S7.

0 Likes
Re: Message+ app no long vibrating Galaxy S7 with Oreo 8.0 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HARWAI83

All I do is text. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you. Does your phone vibrate when you receive other notifications? Have you checked the notification setting in the phone itself, see here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210674/. If you turn the volume down on your phone until it reaches the vibrate mode, do you not get a vibrating notification when you receive a text this way?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HARWAI83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured this out, but it's not very intuitive.  You need to go into the App settings, and choose the Sound option, and then set your Sound to "Silent".  It would be better if there was some setting that said "Vibrate Only".

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you were able to get this figured out Harwai83. We do appreciate your feedback and will make sure that we uplift your concerns. Does this take care of things for you today? 

Amber_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cindus1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 9 and my texts are also not vibrating.  I tried this fix and it did make my texts vibrate, but I also want them to make sound.  How can I do this?  The texts vibrate if I'm on vibrate or Do Not Disturb, but the only make sound otherwise.  It used to make sound and also vibrate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my phone to notify me of important messages and we want you to be able to rely on your notifications, cindus1. Let's take a closer look into this. What message app is in use? When did you notice this started? If vibrate is off and sound is on, do you hear the sound notification?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
cindus1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Message+. I really just noticed it about a week ago, but may have been happening for longer than that. I do get sound when vibrate is off, just no vibration.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do want you to have the option you need for your messages, cindus1. We are here for you.

The Message+ would have its own setting for vibration while sound is enabled. To make sure it is turned on for you, please go to the Message+ app. On the home screen of the app while not in an conversation, tap the menu icon (3 lines on the upper left), tap Customized, tap Notifications, there the Vibrate option will be shown where it can be turned off or on for the Message+ app. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
cindus1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, vibrate is already turned on there

0 Likes