Message+ app sending emails on my Galaxy S7 with Oreo 8.0 update
Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the Oreo update every new text message I receive in Message+ is also sent to my email. This wastes a lot of time since I have to then delete the email in addition to dealing with it in Message+. Is there any way to turn this behavior off?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ app sending emails on my Galaxy S7 with Oreo 8.0 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I WAS referring to the Android email application and not the Gmail application. Text messages going to email - Samsung Community - 163051

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is no one else seeing this? My Edge started it as soon as the first text came in after the Oreo update, and I can'r find any way to turn it off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billsey, we can't have all your messages going to your email. We can fully understand why you'd be concerned with deleting all the extra emails. To help put a stop to this, we'd like to find out more information. Is the email address receiving the text a corporate (exchange) email address or is it a personal (Yahoo, Gmail) email address? Does this happen when you use the other text messaging app on the phone? Have you installed the latest version of Verizon Messages?

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email is on an Exchange Server (2013 version). I only use Message+ for text messaging. I believe I have the latest Message+, it's version 6.6.6 and the Play Store doesn't flag it as needing updating.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

someone is sending an email message to both messaging & email.

xxx-xxx-xxxx@vzwpix.com  email gets to your messaging app!!

0 Likes
Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, it's every incoming text message.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open your email application and go into the settings and turn off the sync text messages to email.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sure wish when you sign in from here it'd take you back to here instead of leaving you back at the beginning...

I'm using the Android email app (not the Gmail app) for my Exchange account. Version number 5.0.03.6. I don't see that option anywhere in settings. The only sync settings I can find regard syncing with my Exchange server, not with Message+.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I WAS referring to the Android email application and not the Gmail application. Text messages going to email - Samsung Community - 163051

Billsey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, it took some wading through that thread since the initial solution didn't fit my phone at all. You have to first force closure of your email app so it won't conflict with setting changes. Then you use the pull down setting to go to apps then email. Next choose the settings gear and your account. Scrolling down from there gives you a 'sync messages' entry under sync contacts, calendar and tasks. If that's turned off it won't grab your SMS texts any longer. I haven't tested it yet since I haven't received any texts since the change, but it seems to have fixed it for others.