Message+ bug reports
HomunculusP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Version 6.9.13: while using message plus I have experienced excessive data usage. I have been me...
Issue: while using message plus I have experienced excessive data usage. I have been messaging like normal like I have since I began with a Verizon plan after I switched from another provider. there has been no drastic change in the type of messages that I've been sending however after paying off my phone there has been a drastic change in the amount of data that has been used. I've done all of the troubleshooting steps that are available with no change so far. I want my data back! 

if anybody else is having an issue with this you should follow and post as well with a bug report from the app. Just in case you can't find it it's under settings. It'll give you an option to post your bug report somewhere but you should just copy it into a message and then paste it here as well. Apparently this is a common problem but there's not enough people reporting it to actually have it deemed issue.

OTT SubscriberId: b55679721000541c26a1f42985
VersionName: 6.9.13
VersionCode: 30882
Build Number: 155
Build Date: Wed Feb 12 16:52:34 UTC 2020
Last Build Number: 0
Manufacturer: samsung
Model: SM-G960U
Product: starqltesq
RAM: MemTotal: 3667668 kB
SDK Version: 29
OS Release: 10
OS Incremental Version: G960USQS7DTB1
OS Codename: REL
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time America/New_York
dumpCache glide

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ bug reports
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@HomunculusP wrote:

Issue: while using message plus I have experienced excessive data usage. ...

Where do you see that Message+ is using the excessive data?  Settings->Data Usage->Mobile data usage????

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
HomunculusP
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my phone's data usage section of the settings app. I've gone back to everything from before the beginning of the year that I had access to and literally all of my data started to disappear after I paid off my phone at the very beginning of the year. I just went to bed for a nap before work because I didn't sleep very well last night receive three text messages and used a quarter of a gig.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@HomunculusP wrote:

In my phone's data usage section of the settings app. I've gone back to everything from before the beginning of the year that I had access to and literally all of my data started to disappear after I paid off my phone at the very beginning of the year. I just went to bed for a nap before work because I didn't sleep very well last night receive three text messages and used a quarter of a gig.

Was the quarter gig the phone's total mobile data usage or the specific Message+ app's data usage? 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
HomunculusP
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the few hours that I was asleep yes it was. However since my bill reset less than 10 days ago I have had 1.75 gig used, barely using it and after limiting all media to WiFi. Last month it was over 6gig by billing cycle end

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most from your data, HomunculusP. Thanks for the insight regarding what is going on. It sounds like there may be a few issues which I would like to learn more about. First, let's check on the connection and ensure only Wi-Fi is being used when it is suppose to be. Can you check to see if the Auto Switch is turned on or off for your device: http://spr.ly/66031Qw7F ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
HomunculusP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it's on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Thank you for clearing this up for us, and no worries. We will help you figure this out. We would need to get access to your account to continue. To authenticate your account please review the following and then click the link after "Authenticate here":

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (http://spr.ly/66021Qoyy / http://spr.ly/66031QoyJ).  

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy: http://spr.ly/66041QoyK.  Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, as described above.  To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

Authenticate here: http://spr.ly/66051Qoyz

0 Likes