Messages Contacts
CANDICEMJ

Recently updated my Samsung Galaxy s6 to Android 7.0 and am having trouble with my contacts in the Messages app. When looking at the list of conversations, contact names appear. When I open the conversation, the contact name disappears and I am only left with the person's phone number displayed at the top of my screen. I have read multiple forums on how to correct this, have restarted my phone, have force stopped the Messages app and the Contacts app, checked my settings in both apps and completely shut down my phone and turned the phone back on to no avail. Please assist.

0 Likes
Re: Messages Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you are able to see who you are talking to at all times, CANDICEMJ. You said this happened after you updated your operating software. Did you update the software on all your applications? Is this happening on the Verizon Messaging application or the stock app?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes