Messaging Issues
lmccabe3880

I have a Galaxy S5 with the latest update.  Periodically I will not receive text messages and also people will not receive my text messages.  Thiss happens with both android phones and iPhones that I am contacting.  It even happens on my fiance's S5 and she has Verizon as well.  I've looked everywhere and I can't find a fix for the problem.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messaging Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Imccabe3880,

Let's get these messages back up and running again. Are you able to make and receive calls without any issues? What's your zip code? Did you notice this issues began after updating your software?

KarenC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lmccabe3880

Calls have no issue, zip is 33442, and I believe that the issues began after updating to Android 5.0, but not 100% sure.

Thanks

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

eliminate the verizon messaging app & use the default messaging app & your problems go away.

0 Likes
lmccabe3880

I wish. I have never used the verizon messaging app, always the default. That app is actually turned off on my phone...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Imccabe3880, thanks for those details. No issues reported in Florida. Let's take a closer look at your device since retreiving that software update. Have you powered it off/on yet?  Please provide more details regarding the issues that you're having so that we can provide you with the next best step. 

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lmccabe3880

I have powered on/off multiple times. This issue has been going on for a while now. It seems to be getting worse. I've done a cache clean from the recovery screen as well. I don't use any third party apps for messages. I have problems with group messages, regular messages, iPhone messages, and a lot with my fiance who has Verizon and a galaxy s5 as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Imccabe3880, we want things to get better for you. Is Wi-Fi enabled on when you have issues with text messaging? If so, disable Wi-Fi. Delete all unwanted text messaging conversations and power your device off/on to soft reset. Test the text messaging feature and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Imccabe3880, your wish is our command. You have the option of deleting that application from your device in Settings. However, it's a great feature. Click the link below for more details regarding that application:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-messages.html?intcmp=SearchBanner:VZMe...

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes