Messaging app
Jhaw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to switch my default messenger to GoSms, but it keeps switching back to the device messenger that came with the phone.  It even asks yes or no every single time I open the app if I want to switch back to the standard messaging app, whether I press yes or no, it always goes back to the standard messenger and won't keep GoSms as my default.  What do I do? I want my GoSms back

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging app
Jhaw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

figured it out.  I changed the icon for my messenger app, when I switched phones the phone must have replaced the app with the samsung messenger.  So every time I hit my app icon that I created, it was taking me to the samsung messenger instead of the GoSms.  I just had to add the GoSms to my home screen and then replace the icon with the one I created.  problem fixed 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried going to the App Manager and disabling the app you don't want to use?

0 Likes
Jhaw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

figured it out.  I changed the icon for my messenger app, when I switched phones the phone must have replaced the app with the samsung messenger.  So every time I hit my app icon that I created, it was taking me to the samsung messenger instead of the GoSms.  I just had to add the GoSms to my home screen and then replace the icon with the one I created.  problem fixed 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jhaw1  The new Samsung Galaxy S8 is an excellent phone I definitely want you to enjoy all the great features. Let's get to the bottom of this issue for you. Can you please examples on which applications are using the Samsung Keyboard and which ones are using Google Keyboard?

I would recommend uninstalling/installing the Google Keyboard; after installing the Google Keyboard disable the Samsung keyboard from the app manager. Please visit our "Enable / Disable App" page http://vz.to/2peBAoD and follow the steps to disable Samsung Keyboard completely. Let us know if that helps. We are here to help.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes