Messenger+ receiving long texts
VANWEL36

When receiving long texts, they are broken up into several packets and out of order.  This makes it impossible to read them.  How do I fix this problem so I can receive longer texts in one single message?

0 Likes
Re: Messenger+ receiving long texts
B33
Legend

Have you Tried clearing out the Cache in the App.. Give that a try and see if that clears up the Issue you may have to Clear the Data in the App as well but try the Cache clear First..  Good Luck  B33

0 Likes
VANWEL36

Not sure how you do that, but we have only had this phone for a day or two (just purchased) and we have a total of 10 messages so far.   The problem started on the third message and then was okay for a couple of messages and now this last message again.  Honestly I wouldn't think this would be the problem but I am willing to try anythingl

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go into your Settings and then Apps from there Tap Applications Manager.. It will show you a List of Apps)  Find the App in Question and click on it.. then tap Storage it will show you 2 things to Clear Firs the Data then the Cache, Clear the Cache only on the First try re-setting the App if that doesn't fix the issue then try resetting the Data resetting the Data it will say you will or could loose any safe messages if so go ahead it's a new Phone..

Give that a Try let me Know if that clears up your Issue.  Power cycle your phone after doing the Procedure..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The sender created the message as a SMS message which is restricted to 160 characters per message. The system split up the message to the 160 character limit. One way around that is for the creator to convert the message to the MMS format before sending.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes