MicroSD card with Samsung Galaxy S4
DH08
Enthusiast - Level 1

So today I tried to delete some pictures off of my phone, more specifically, delete them off my sd card. Deleting pictures off of my phone storage is just fine, however, deleting off of my sd card does not work. It will say "deleting failed". I tried plugging my phone into the computer and it still would not let me delete them, saying I only had read access or something. I know three people that have the same phone as me and one of them has the same microSD card. They all have the 4.4.2 update and can delete stuff just fine. I do not know how I only have read only access but they don't? Did I do something? Has anyone else had this happen to them? Fixes for it? I'm going crazy!!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MicroSD card with Samsung Galaxy S4
DH08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe the problem was with my microSD card. Not sure what happened to it. Instead of plugging my phone into the computer, I just took the sd card out, put it in an adapter, and put it in the computer sd card slot. Was going to see if I could do anything to fix it and as soon as I put it in the computer it said there was something wrong with the card and I could scan and fix it. Clicked that and a couple minutes later it was good to go. So I really have no idea what was wrong with it but it's fixed now! (:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be happy to help  you with the deletion of pictures from your SD card.
Sorry to see this has been so problematic for you. I have checked high and low for the best way to do this, but the only solution that is provided invloves formatting the card to delete all file from the phone. Do you happen to have an SD card reader when you can try to save the files to the computer and then delete the ones you want gone?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

joonhyuk
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like your SD card has been corrupted. Look up some other links to see how you can recover files on your card after they have been deemed inaccessible.

DH08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe the problem was with my microSD card. Not sure what happened to it. Instead of plugging my phone into the computer, I just took the sd card out, put it in an adapter, and put it in the computer sd card slot. Was going to see if I could do anything to fix it and as soon as I put it in the computer it said there was something wrong with the card and I could scan and fix it. Clicked that and a couple minutes later it was good to go. So I really have no idea what was wrong with it but it's fixed now! (:

0 Likes