Military Phone Unlock
drsullivan48
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son is active duty military stationed in Germany and has a Verizon account.  I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra through his account and shipped to him.  I requested that the phone be unlocked but was told he had to wait 60 days.  I thought the 60 days was waived for active duty military deployed.

Labels (1)
Re: Military Phone Unlock
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we are getting our service men and women taken care properly. There is a process to have this device unlocked while he id deployed, please send us a Private Note and we can provide you the process. 

*Gen

0 Likes
ArmyGirl100
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having this issue too! I’m military, an officer at that! They lie about that policy! But they are not going to get away with that! The treat those who serve this country like trash! Always thinking something is fraud! But where they messed up at is, they made it a fake policy to trick people to feel confident and comfortable in joining! That’s the first thing I asked about before coming to Verizon! The military unlock! But get this! My phone is paid in full! I went out, paid full price for my phone and they still don’t want to unlock it! I’m so sorry this has happened to you and me! Especially when you meet the military requirements to get it unlocked! Service members shouldn’t be treated as liars and thieves! Cause all they can say to me is, not unlocking it stops fraud! Smh! 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

Our devices are automatically unlocked once they meet criteria. Here is the link to our unlock policy: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

Please feel free to DM us, in order to explore your options. Thank you for contacting Verizon! 

>Cintya

0 Likes