Missed call and Voice mail notices
KITRI6

When someone calls and leaves a voice mail message I get a voice mail notification as well as a missed call one.  That is confusing.  I don't want missed call notices if I don't actually have a missed call.  How do I fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Missed call and Voice mail notices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KITRI6, we know that having the right options is always a great thing. In this case, when a call is missed and the caller leaves a message, you would indeed receive both notifications. Should a call be missed and the party not leave a message, you would only receive the missed call notification. This is working as intended. I hope this helps to clarify.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You could remove notification for voicemails but not for missed calls

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KITRI6, I can certainly understand the confusion when receiving a notification on your phone when there shouldn't be one. To make sure we can point you in the right direction, what is your device's make and model? When did this begin? The last question I have at this time would be whether the notification is showing up with every call or only with certain calls?

KevinM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KITRI6

KevinM,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, model # SM-G930V, android version 7.0  On Friday, when a friend asked if I got her message, I said no, because there wasn't a voice mail notification, only one for a missed call.  So I called my voice mail and found I had seven voice mail messages! I recall only getting missed call notifications, none for voice mail.  I went into personal options on my phone and discovered that the voice mail notifications was turned off, so I turned it back on (by pressing 1). I called my phone from the land line, left a message and got both a missed call and new voice mail notification icon.  I don't recall ever getting both when someone only left a message. I don't have the option in settings to disable missed calls and I don't want to turn off voice mail notifications.

Is there anything I can do so I don't get a missed call notice when someone only leaves a message?

I

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

perhaps the party is calling a 2nd time after you don't pick-up the 1st call!!

KITRI6

I listened to all seven messages and they were all from different people.  Three were legit and the other four were scams.  I still shouldn't be getting a missed call when I call and leave a message.  And if that were the case, bearone21, the phone number would have been the same for a missed call and voice mail message.  None of the phone numbers were the same. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KITRI6, we know that having the right options is always a great thing. In this case, when a call is missed and the caller leaves a message, you would indeed receive both notifications. Should a call be missed and the party not leave a message, you would only receive the missed call notification. This is working as intended. I hope this helps to clarify.

Loren_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure to share my experience on my Galaxy device, KITRI6. When a voicemail is left, I receive both a missed call notification and a voicemail. Otherwise if no voicemail is left, I can rely on my missed call notification to let me know who called.  As a general rule, this double notification of both missed call and voicemail is by design. Let me know if this provides clarity. 

David_VZW

0 Likes
KITRI6

Thank you David for your reply.  Both you and Loren have answered my question. 

0 Likes