Missing Voicemail Icon
TOMMY13368

I have a S5 with the latest updates. When I receive a voice mail I no longer get an icon stating that a voicemail has been received. Any suggestions would be great. I tried the some of the options when calling my voicemail but nothing states notifications. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Missing Voicemail Icon
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

I believe you are talking about the small number on the side of the app icon that indicates how many voicemails are unread. I do have a couple of suggestions you may check.

Try going to Settings > Sound & Notification > Application Notifications. And look for the Voicemail app. and check if it's allowed.

Then go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager and look for Voicemail. Force Stop it and Clear Data. This won't delete your voicemails as voicemails are saved remotely. Happened to me once and doing this fixed the issue.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I'm running on a S7 and data needs to be turned on to get the little number bubble to appear on the voicemail icon

TOMMY13368

Thanks for the response. It seems my voicemail application is turned off. (it states it) I do not see any options to turn it on. When I open the app to clear the data all the options are greyed out and can not be selected.

0 Likes