Missing advanced calling feature on Samsung Galaxy s7
wrknight

I have 2 Verizon Galaxy s7 phones that are supposedly identical, but one has an advanced calling option in the Settings > Connections menu that allows me to turn on and off HD voice and video. The other does not. As a result, I cannot use video or HD voice on the phone that lacks that oprion.

I have spent over an hour with Tier 2 tech support with no result.

The exact same question was asked 2 years ago and someone found a solution that worked. The solution was to dial *#*#4636#*#* which would bring up a test menu that allowed you to check/uncheck three options, one of which was voLTE.  Checking that fixed the problem for several people.  Verizon seems to have fixed that so that now when you dial that code, you get a message saying that number can't be reached.

So I am stuck and have no idea how to activate voLTE or video calls on this phone.

By the way, voLTE and video used to work on this phone when we first got the phone, but Verizon took care of that with one of its wonderful updates.  (Somehow they messed up up on the other phone because it still works.)

Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing advanced calling feature on Samsung Galaxy s7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with activating this feature, wrknight. I understand this is important for you, and let's work on getting this resolved. I want to get additional information. What specific issues are you experiencing with your service (Signal issues, dropped calls, etc.)? Is the software up to date on both devices?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
wrknight

The software is up to date - or at least it says it is when I try to update it.

This phone can no longer make video calls or hd voice. The options just ARE NOT THERE. It used to be able to do this until one of Verizon's famous updates killed it. My second phone is identical except that it works properly and this one doesn't.

There is no advanced calling option in the settings > connections menu work with.

There is no video groups in the contacts list.

There is no test to see if voLTE is activated, alive, or has been captured by aliens (or Verizon).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wrknight,

I appreciate the added details. I'd be concerned as well if one phone has the HD Voice option and the other doesn't. To compare the two, please use the link here (http://spr.ly/660412nxu) and provide the software version of both devices. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
wrknight

Thie voLTE, high def voice and video work on this phone:

Kernel version: 3.8.71 -- dpi@SWDH7010 #1 -- Build no. r16NW.G930VVRSBCTC1

Th voLTE, high def voice and video  don't work on this phone.

Kernel version: 3.18.71-14970140 -- dpi@SWDH7006 #1 -- Build no: R16NW.G930UUESBCTA3

Obviously they are different software builds but both insist the software is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would need to further investigate this by reviewing your account, wrknight. Please meet us in a Private Note for further assistance.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
xmcier

I have the same issue with advanced calling. I did have it, but it is no longer there. Is there something I can do to get it back? I specifically need it to get wi-fi calling enabled due to the poor reception in the building where I work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the inconvenience, we certainly want you to be able to take advantage of this great feature. Here is a link that will show you the steps to try: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203686/ Please let us know how this goes.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes