Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile Data not available pop up
mcgray76_

I updated my phone last week and now every time I have a phone call I get an annoying message that pops up about mobile data not available during this call. I am fully aware of this and don't care to have data and voice at the same time. how do i disable this  pop up? I never got this message before the update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Data not available pop up
Elements

It sounds as though something on your device may be trying to use background data if you get that alert every single time a call comes in. What model is your phone? You can try enabling Advanced Calling / HD Voice so that mobile data is available on calls, or try disabling usage of background data for any apps that might be responsible.

0 Likes
mcgray76_

I have a galaxy S8. I'm not a fan of advanced calling because of the sound and how often I drop calls due to low signal periodically. How do I find out what background apps are trying to use data while on a call?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your support is here mcgray76. We want to provide the answers that you need. You can view running applications in many ways. You may get a detailed look by trying settings>apps>app manager. In the upper left you will see "all apps. There is an option to disable applications that are running. this is just one of the ways. I hiope this helps.BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes