Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,330 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Mobile Hotspot on S8 very high ping
zorloc111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Haven't reached my data limit, I have a 4G LTE connection. Ping extremely unreliable and will bounce from 80ms to 1000ms and sometimes higher. This is my only option for internet on my devices and it is extremely frustrating. Download speeds are also no where near what they should be.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot on S8 very high ping
zorloc111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I have the Beyond Unlimited plan, Extremely frustrating to be shelling out $140 dollars every 30 days for unreliable connection and high ping.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zorloc111, I know how important it is to get full value out of your monthly service. I want to make sure your speed concerns are resolved. Can you tell us more about where (zip code) and how often this is happening? Is anyone else on the account experiencing the same data speeds? Please provide a screen shot of your speed tests.

MelissaP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zorloc111
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home zipcode is 54873. Daily this has been a problem for about three-four weeks. I previously had normal connection and speed and one day it just stopped working. Waited to reply until I was supposedly un-throttled for the month. My device is the only one on the account.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 12.39.47 AM.png

Took roughly 20 minutes to get the test to even run. I received an upload test error after this.
Also tried Google's speed test and it produced the same results with higher ping time and again an upload error.

zorloc111
Enthusiast - Level 2

For whatever its worth, this is a graph of my ping to a server in Chicago over ten seconds.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 12.47.40 AM.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zorloc111, to best continue we will need access to your account. I have sent you a Private Message. Please sign in to your forum account, and reply. I look forward to assisting you with this.