Mobile hotspot asks for subscription
Seannapier01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy s20+, I'm on the Play Unlimited plan with hotspot. Every time I try to use it, I get the following message. "To use mobile hotspot, you'll need to subscribe to Mobile Hotspot Service. To subscribe to Mobile Hotspot, visit My Verizon or call Customer Service."

It works on the other number on my account. I have called tech support, been escalated to Tier 2, reset network settings, reset all settings, and was told to get a new SIM from Verizon store, which I did, and still doesn't work. I absolutely have to have Mobile Hotspot for work and will terminate this account if the issue can't be resolved. 

Labels (1)
Re: Mobile hotspot asks for subscription
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the trouble as I know the importance of having access to the right features. Please send us a Private Note and we can get to the bottom of this once and for all!  -Yale

Seannapier01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do I need to send a private note? I've seen countless people post the same issue and the response is always to send a private message. What's the secret? There's a major glitch in your system where people can't access their hotspot, even though they're paying for it? Trust me, the cat's out of the bag. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If we ask you to use a private note, this means that assisting you with your concern will require access to your account. As we can not ask for you to provide sensitive in a public forum, you will need to do that in a private chat. We hope this makes sense to you. Let us know. - Henry

reyangelo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get help and get it fixed? It's March 2022 and I have the same issue with one of four phones. The single phone is the only one getting that error message and the accounts all have Unlimited Do More (one account has Play More) which all come with included 25GB of Mobile Hotspot. Very frustrating.

Seannapier01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. Verizon customer service wouldn't do anything despite multiple phone calls,  messages, etc. I eventually took it to a Verizon store where I was told that they weren't tech support, they sold new phones. So I traded it in and got a different phone. I got totally ripped off but at least my hotspot works now

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want all your issues resolved and have sent a Private Message to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
Seannapier01
Enthusiast - Level 2

You didn't send me a private message. Liar

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seannapier01, we do apologize for the confusion of the message not coming through. Please share with me did you receive any communication for authenticating your account?

-Rodney

0 Likes
timon2wheels

I am having this same problem. I have the same phone for over a year and the same plan for even longer. The hotspot worked a few weeks ago and now it doesn't. I called for support and the representative said I had used 8Gb of data this month which is over my limit and that is why it is not working. I checked my usage and I have used 0.8GB. I do not have the time or patience to deal with incompetent people.

0 Likes