Mobile hotspot failed to connect error
llamee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone else having issues with using the mobile hotspot on their GS3?  I've been trying to use it today and only get the following error: Mobile hotspot failed to connect.  Please try again later.  I haven't bothering calling Verizon because the standard response is "factory reset."  Thanks.....

Re: Mobile hotspot failed to connect error
solarfuse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded to the "More Everything" plan today and I'm getting that exact error with my GS3.  I went to the local Verizon store and they swapped my sim card to a newer one, but it did not resolve the issue.  They told me to wait a few hours.  Did you also just change plans?

Murdoc84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also am getting the same error. I use mobile hotspot everyday during my lunch break and I've never ran into this error. I am in the San Gabriel Valley (California). I am on a Note 3 though.

0 Likes
ajo89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the note 2 and don't usually have problems and receiving the same error message. I tried restarting my my phone and still no luck. I haven't changed my plan or anything, but now I'm having problems (for the past hour or so)

Troop_562

Yep same here.. No change in plans and I got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I've never had this issue with the mobile hot spot feature until today.  Granted, I haven't used it for about 4 days but apparently if the forum is blowing up with ppl having this issue suddenly today, I'm assuming something is messing up on Verizon's end. 

0 Likes
Murdoc84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you in the Los Angeles area? Maybe its a network problem?

0 Likes
gregswife11604

I am having the same issue with my gs3, i've tried calling verizon and they did a reset on my account and still not working. Mine was working earlier today tho. I havent made any changes to my account either.

0 Likes
ajo89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the middle of no where in the thumb of Michigan but like I said never problems with service before. Kinda scary thinking it's not just me and this could potentially be a huge ordeal.

0 Likes
Troop_562

No I'm in the southern Virginia area.  I was wondering if some of the harsh storms we been getting lately had something to do with it, but if LA is being effected too then it's got to be something else.  Oddly enough, I'm feeling better than it's just not my phone, seeing that suddenly today EVERYONE is appearing to have issues.

0 Likes
ajo89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mines working now , so far

0 Likes