Mobile network unavailable
turfgirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Something seems odd about all the messages I have read on this issue of "mobile network unavailable". I have read that some did factory reboot, some take battery out and reinstall, etc.  I didn't try to use my phone until after work last night and got the "mobile network unavailable". Tried to send text and it kept saying send failed, try again? But when you would try again - - same thing. After about 3 hours, I was able to reach my son in Atlanta, but immediately after that call I got mobile network unavailable, again.  I didn't do a re-boot to get him, so it seems to be to be something to do with the towers???   All I know is that I had a little cheap Samsung flip phone for over 10 years that worked like a dream until I lost it.  Decided to try and catch up with the 21st century when I replaced it with a smart phone, and now I am having trouble getting service. How weird is that?  So far - - I am NOT impressed with my Galaxy 5 and I wish I had my little samsung flip phone back.  Whoever took it, please return it.  I know it probably looked like an antique, but it really wasn't : )

Re: Mobile network unavailable
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I would check that the SIM is seated properly.  If it's a little loose and looses connection, that would affect network connection.  If you continue to have this problem, I would contact customer service and have them send you a replacement under warranty.

0 Likes
Dawgharley1993
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea my phone is also doing that. Even at home connected to wifi right now no 4G nong no1x, and 1 bar mobile data. Verizon is limiting data speeds to indiviuals, so you are forced to buy the premium package for constant 4G service. on CNN they had a report Verizon is doing this to people's service thinking we are not smart about this. There is a huge lawsuit against them. Verizon is corrupt company, and am paying $90.00 for crap. But they'll tell you to buy a new phone and 2 year contract!!!

0 Likes
sooperbeagle

Same thing here.  I'm glad I'm not going crazy.  I've been looking at buying a new phone (mine is about 2.5 years old anyway) but would prefer not to spend the money if it's the network and not my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sooperbeagle,

Sorry to see you are having trouble! What zipcode are you having that problem in? Is this also on the Galaxy s5? Or another model?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dawgharley1993
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is a Samsung s4, I Did everything you've been saying and have reset the phone to factory default.  Delete all apps and still will only get  1X on wifi. The connection is always disconnecting.  Mobile network is has 1 bar and 2 bars 1/4 of the time. The phone is only 9 - 12 months old.

0 Likes
sooperbeagle

Hello, it seemed easier to reply to this email than to post in the forum.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx and my zip code is 06351. I have read on some

forums that perhaps my sim card has become faulty? I'd appreciate any help

you could provide.

Thanks

Greg (aka Sooperbeagle)

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dawgharley1993,

Sorry to see you are having that trouble as well. Was there a time in which that was working properly at that same location? If so, and you have already gone as far as a factory reset, it looks like the issue is hardware related. Most likely a case that you are using or it needs a new SIM card. Simple way to find out. Remove any case you have on it. If it is back to normal the case is interfering. If not, I would look at the SIM card next. You can pick up a SIM card for free at any of our direct store locations http://bit.ly/3SdsA .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information sooperbeagle! No issues are noted for Jewett City. When did this Mobile Network Unavailable issue start? Have you contact our tech support team at 800-922-0204 option 3 to troubleshoot the issue before? If you did, please let us know what troubleshooting has been done so that we don't ask you to do the same things. Replacing the SIM card is certainly one of the troubleshooting steps in our system; however, many things can be done before this step in order to resolve this issue. If a SIM is ultimately needed, we can mail it to you, or you can pick it up for free at any corporate Verizon Wireless store. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
sooperbeagle

Hello,

So far I usually power down my phone, let it rest for a minute and then

turn it back on. Sometimes this helps, sometimes it doesn't. There have

been occasions where I'm exchanging messages with someone with no problem

and then suddenly they won't send. I did remove and replace the sim card

once when it was powered down. Other than that, I didn't know what else to

try. I've read in forums some people have tried resetting their phones to

factory, which is something I definitely did not want to do. Would you